Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most sensitive settings

4 posters

Go down

Most sensitive settings Empty Most sensitive settings

Post by toad Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:03 am

I run my 4500 in enhance as most others do (I think) I read somewhere that enhance reduces the depth somewhat in comparison to general. My question is, detecting in a really benign area, no mineralisation, no EMI, what settings would give the greatest depth? Obviously coil choice is going to be a factor so let's say we use an 18" mono.
I figure starting at this setting and working through the options until you get a reasonably stable threshold would be the way to go rather than working from the other extreme.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Most sensitive settings Empty Re: Most sensitive settings

Post by snapper Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:41 am

G,day Neil, i think you mean normal setting in benign areas, normal would be the way to go in this instance as long as its quiet ground if not then enhance or fine gold for the 5k, you could also try deep on the front of the box but the signals in deep will sound a little different but you can tune that to a higher pitch, cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:55 am

My question is, detecting in a really benign area, no mineralisation, no EMI, what settings would give the greatest depth?
GB off would give you the max depth using Sharp in the Special menu in the above mentioned ground and conditions. However your better off looking for a needle in a hay stack. lol!

.....deep on the front of the box but the signals in deep will sound a little different but you can tune that to a higher pitch, cheers Stu
If you switch to Deep on the front end cap.....INV will be selected in the rear menu....thats where the sound change is noted. Revert it back to NORM and away you go.
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:03 am

Gday toady
Have you tried "Sensitive Extra"? Works very well but noisy as crap out in the Murchison country. But if you could find some neutral ground and ramp up the RX Gain to max and the Target Volume to 20, then the machine has a heap more grunt. These settings love hotrocks too.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm

G,day Narrawa, yes when you select deep it goes into inverted and the audio tone is lowered to 38 giving the different sound, by puting the responce back to normal the audio still stays low at 38 so you need to up the audio tone to around 50 to give you the nice pitch that is factory preset for general, bloody hell i think im lost now lol! Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Mon 11 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

No probs Stu, i thought the INV signal may have been the reason for the tonal change. Never gave a second thought to the tone it self being altered. Embarassed Thx for pointing that out and well spotted m8. ( insert thumbs up icon here )
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 6:25 am

Not to forget, older folks like your's truly lose the ability to hear the higher frequency noises.
I had my hearing tested late last year and it is still perfect although my wife assures me I have selective deafness kwdf
I prefer to have the tone down around 20-25. I can't stand the high pitched tone settings.

Robert

Last edited by goldnomad on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Illiterate S.O.B.)

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 13 Mar 2013, 7:25 am

Thanks guys. Some points to consider and play around with. I never twigged to that Stu. I'll give that deep/normal/re set tones trick a run.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum