Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil?????

2 posters

Go down

Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil????? Empty Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil?????

Post by carms Sat 20 Apr 2013, 6:23 pm

Gday Guys,
Just hoping to pick someone's brain....or multiple brains Suspect on what settings they use for a 5000 & 18in coil(round mono) I usually use the 12x15 commander and I can basically use the same settings as I use for the 11in although with the gain down a notch or two but I was lucky enough to have someone lend me a couple of bigger coils . Any help would be appreciated, just thought I would swing a big one for a day or two and see if I like it & can manage swinging it for multiple hours before I fork out the cash to buy one. I know im not going to be able to use fine gold settings which is my norm so any advice would be appreciated or ill just hit and hope until something works jkihyig

cheers
carms
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil????? Empty Re: Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil?????

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

Hi Carms
when i throw a large coil on i generally tweek my manual tune if it doesnt settle then a touch off the gain and a dribble on the stabilizer but generally the machine behaves it self regardless...
I still run a 45..

With a large coil with a bungee cord u should be OK..cordless and u might last an hour..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil????? Empty Re: Best settings for 5000 & 18in coil?????

Post by carms Sun 21 Apr 2013, 5:14 am

cheers oneday! I think ill just play around and see how I go, I do have a hipstick so hopefully that will make life easier
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sun 21 Apr 2013, 8:38 am

Hi Carms i would be running your 5k in the fine gold timing using your large coil.Adjust gain to suit ground type,keep in fixed ground balance but balance often and adjust your tune and motion settings to suit your area.The 5k is a very deep seeking detector with the large coils as are all minelabs but the 5k handles them better.

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Sun 21 Apr 2013, 6:32 pm

Thanks k town you were actually spot on, ran like a babies bum(smooth) in fine gold which I was told previously it wouldn't ....never know unless you give it a go! i just notched the gain down 1-2 and it was really quite...just as quite as the 11in & 12x15....used a couple of 18's to try out a couple of different ones and was very happy....didn't find anything lol but i realised i could swing the thing for an extended time without running myself into the ground....so an 18in will be added to the arsenal for whenever i find some deeper ground...although my main coil is still the "brick" (12x15 commander) heavy as the nickname brick implies but overall i havnt found a better coil for finding tiny nuggets even at depth
carms
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down