Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ai coil (salt) settings

2 posters

Go down

Ai coil (salt) settings  Empty Ai coil (salt) settings

Post by Digdog Tue 12 Nov 2013, 6:22 am

Hi all, I have just got a 17x11 ai coil for a new spot I have found was after a bit of advice on some settings for it to run on my 4500 was out there weekend with 14x9 mono in a shallow creek that fed into salt flats. Went over the exposed bedrock at a snails pace because of the noise of the mono picked up 3 nuggs .3 to 1 gram am hoping new coil can go over deeper parts of creek and onto the lake any help appreciated
Cheers digdog

Digdog

Back to top Go down

Ai coil (salt) settings  Empty Re: Ai coil (salt) settings

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 7:39 am

Hi Digdog,

Your making me jealous detecting this time of the year,we just got back home as it was too hot for us and the cat, I think it averaged 40 deg in the shade 60deg and climbing in the car. The cat layed on the ground in the shade panting and we weren't much better, quite nice in the mourning up until 10 o'c, anyways we lasted three days and went home as the forecast was for another week of high temps

We found that in our area,Cue, it was much better to use a DD as the ground noise and combined with the effects of the salt was too much for the AI coil

With the DD coil put the machine into CANCEL and boost everything else up because putting into CANCEL dumbs the machine down quite a bit...but totally runs quietly

In some places that is just affected by salt you will find that the AI coil will hold its own but this is used in DD not Cancel and it would operate more as a normal coil would

Ron

Back to top Go down

Ai coil (salt) settings  Empty Ai coil(salt) settings

Post by Scrub Mullet Tue 12 Nov 2013, 10:41 am

Hi digdog,
I use the 17x11ai on a 5000 good on the lakes and salt areas,i run some settings pretty high, bit noisy in some areas but targets come through clear, you can also switch to mono if you move off salt areas.
regards chad.

Scrub Mullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Digdog Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:30 pm

Thanks for the input guys hopefully get out this weekend for a look will take dd with my as well. Will let ya know how I get on cheers again.
I know what ya saying about the heat Ron think will be a long hot summer
Cheers digdog

Digdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down