Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settings for the 5000

4 posters

Go down

Settings for the 5000 Empty Settings for the 5000

Post by Bignuggs Tue 31 Dec 2013, 10:15 am

I took my new toy on the crazy trip, I gotta learn how to use it.
Got some good info from Martin who has been out with some experienced users of the 5000.
I'd be interested to hear how everyone sets their machine up for detecting and the type of ground ya walking on at the time.
Is there different settings if you are using a DD or Mono coil.

cheers 
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Settings for the 5000 Empty Re: Settings for the 5000

Post by tricky Tue 31 Dec 2013, 12:18 pm

fine gold timing with gain and stabiliser around 15 and quiet audio. this has made the smaller bits jump out and the larger bits at depth are still coming through. the 14" round nuggetfinder is now my favourite coil except for a 2 x 1 " bit of steel at 30 bloody inches.

tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Thu 16 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

Hard to answer your question cliff as the ground mostly determines how your detector is run. Then you have coil selection which can vary in how you operate the 5 as well. There really is a lot you can do with a 5 out in the goldfields but for some basics that may help you I'll try to help.
So your out bush on a trip looking for your first bit. You don't know if there's gold about, let alone if it's shallow gold, deep gold, small gold big gold etc,
firstly your soil timing selection should be correct in the ground your operating in. I'll give some tips on your general soil conditions out bush. Heavy mineralisation or noisy ground is something you will learn how to deal with over time with more experience on the 5. But for starters.
Most ground in W.A can handle fine gold soil timings. Fine gold is deadly on relatively shallow gold. Search mode in general, tracking in fixed. I would have my audio in normal, audio tone up around 60 if I'm using a relatively small coil, such as a 17 elliptical! I would set gain anywhere from 14 to 17, and stabiliser I set at whatever the 5 let's me. Stabiliser, stabilises the threshold. So take it up high, say 15, you will hear the detector become chattery. Reduce it an increment at a time until the threshold is stable and no longer warbling.
Your volume, target volume really is set as to how it suits your hearing.
Ground balance correctly and whenever you need to as well.
Also I auto tune first thing in the morning and again in the arvo.
What I've mentioned is some basic things for standard type ground. What you need to learn is how to use soil timings, audio type etc to your advantage in the different types of ground out bush. Hope this made sense as I'm p*ssed as. Jase

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:59 am

You p*ssed jase never  Settings for the 5000 1214499189 Settings for the 5000 1214499189 
Cheers bluedog  lol! 

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Mon 20 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm

It's all your fault blue. You led me astray

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:14 pm

Thanks Jase. I just need to get out more often to learn the bloody thing  cheers 
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down