Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pastoral Lease holders

3 posters

Go down

Pastoral Lease holders Empty Pastoral Lease holders

Post by monoandnan Thu 11 Apr 2013, 8:18 pm

G/day People, I am sick of having to explain the mining act to them. We contacted one today to let him know that we were going to be on his pastoral lease and he turns around and tells me the we need his permission to be there and that he wanted us to have public liability insurance before he would think about letting us on his ground.
Well we contacted the DMP and they confirmed what we already knew, that is, if you have a miners right you are allowed to Camp and Traverse on any Pastoral lease, as long as you tell them of your intentions.
How many prospectors are turned away not knowing their Rights, S&*t its hard enough to get permission from the mining lease holders, we dont need pastoralist on our backs too. You try to do what is right and they give you a hard time to boot.
Are there any others out there finding the same problems.

Mono and Nan.

monoandnan
monoandnan

Back to top Go down

Pastoral Lease holders Empty Re: Pastoral Lease holders

Post by Bignuggs Thu 11 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

This can be tricky and we have discussed this before on the forum. Pastoralists are getting seriously annoyed with the whole game but they can't do anything about it.
The WA mining Laws over ride them but they don't like it. But then ya get the Department of Regional Development and Lands who stick their noses in.
The DEC also like to get into the act. But you also get some pastoralists who take out a License under the "Camping Act" (if I remember correctly) and they can charge for camping.
So I can only say this, if you have done the right thing by telling the pastoral lease holder where you will be, ya got ya permits and miners right, that's all ya can do. They cannot keep you off the ground.
It's a mongrel of a game.
As much as I hate to say it, tell the pastoralist to take a hike if they won't listen to reason.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 6:47 am

they can legally refuse u to be in a particular paddock--if they are mustering in that area and trust me u would be fool hardy to remain there. Your safety could be at risk so just try to be polite and if u r goin to read the riot act to them--just remember they are the ones that use there planes to find the people that get lost..
by the way if u r asked to move on then beware they can call the police and they will tell u to get of the station all together--miners right or no miners right. Unforrtunately we are not above the law..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Pastoral Lease holders Empty Pastoral Lease holders

Post by albo Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Mostly iv found the cockies good , some even help you in regards to where golds been found previously .
Only came across 1 cranky one , he said , how would you like it if i was in your back yard [ favourite cocky line ]
which got a reply , your back yard ends at the cloths line mate .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down