Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

camping on pastoral lease

3 posters

Go down

camping on pastoral lease Empty camping on pastoral lease

Post by gold n beer Sun 12 Jul 2015, 12:13 pm

i'm getting out for a swing in the next week or so and after gathering permission from the mining company to access there lease and contacting the pastoralist and informing them of my intentions they have giving me the all clear but under the conditions of no camping among other things dogs etc on the pastoral lease, the reason given was we are close to town with a van park and we might have livestock in that paddock, are these excuses valid to stop me camping on the ground?
all good as it's freezing cold out bush ATM and a van park will be a bit warmer overnight and also getting a shower would be a bonus but sitting around the camp fire at night having a few slurps is half the fun when we get out bush.
i'm thinking off a couple days at this spot then move on to another spot for a night or 2 just to get that out bush feeling happening.
just putting it out there as it is the 1st time I've been asked not to camp on a pastoral lease
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

camping on pastoral lease Empty Re: camping on pastoral lease

Post by martinjsto Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:09 pm

the DMP info pamphlet named prospecting exploration mining on pastoral leases section 5 general rights to prospect under a miner's rights states that you can take water (subject to the rights in water and irrigation act) and CAMP for the purpose of prospecting.
we need to try to keep a good relationship with pastoral lease holders so if your not too fussed then i would just comply and camp in the park but from what i understand "might have livestock in the paddock" isnt justification as there is livestock everywhere out bush and you have no intention to disturb them. you do have the right to camp.
hope this helps
martin
see.
http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/132291_Mining_Notice_Pastoral_Leases.pdf

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Tue 14 Jul 2015, 9:06 am

Jase

I think that's a smoke screen

I have never seen and stock in that area all the times I have been there

I would be camping there

The DMP told me that all I need to do is advise the Pastoral Lease holder that you will be there not ask for permission

Up to you but I would be camping on the Gold Mate

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Tue 14 Jul 2015, 1:10 pm

yeah thanks guys

i agree peaky, camp on the gold and yes the 1st thing that was said is we are close to town and then and we might have stock in that paddock.

they are only caretakers and she did say that was owners request.

i will assess the situation when i get there, don't won't to peeve anyone off but.

gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down