Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidental 1oz Gold Nugget found with a Minelab CTX 3030!

Go down

Accidental 1oz Gold Nugget found with a Minelab CTX 3030! Empty Accidental 1oz Gold Nugget found with a Minelab CTX 3030!

Post by golddiggerdave Mon 31 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

Hi All,

One of the staff from Miners Den Australia had a great find whilst out detecting yesterday, that I think was definately worth a share - here it is below in his words:

So I went back to my favourite coin/relic site near the old gold mining camp to try find some more coins and buckles I may have missed previously with the Minelab CTX 3030.

On the side of a steep slope which leads into the gully I dug a target which, on the CTX 3030 was the same ID as a sixpence, and since I had dug many here before I was excited to think I may have another.

After 4 inches digging hard clay I was very surprised to see this little beauty in my hand.

I never once thought I had any chance of finding gold nuggets in this location with this detector .

Note also, the detector wasn’t even ground balanced !

The sunburn and 2km walk into the isolated mining camp was worth every painful step.

Next time i go back, i still wont be expecting this again.. Absolute fluke.

She weighs in at 33.7 grams

Accidental 1oz Gold Nugget found with a Minelab CTX 3030! Gold-n10

To view a video about the nugget find please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Luck and Happy Prospecting

Gold Digger Dave

golddiggerdave

Back to top Go down