Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder

3 posters

Go down

Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder Empty Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder

Post by ukwizard Mon 07 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but be gentle I am a newbie! :-)

I have recently bought a GPX5000 and have the 2 11" coils that come as standard, DoubleD & Mono.

I keep reading that a lot of people have the Nugget Finder coil. Should I be looking at buying one? If so what size?

Your thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Daz.

ukwizard

Back to top Go down

Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder Empty Re: Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm

Daz--the 11" mono is a bloody good coil so don't waste ya money just yet coz what u r attemping to do is buy another coil without knowing what u have already got.

There r a lot of detector operators out there who have never used their commander coil so don't get sucked in --try what u have..i do recommend a smaller coil 8" round or a 8x6 elliptical both these coils will clean up were others have ventured..

good luck

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder Empty Re: Minelab GPX5000 with Std Mono Coil vs Nugget Finder

Post by ukwizard Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

Thanks oneday,

Yes your right I need to learn what I've got first. I am gradually getting the idea of 'slow' and 'listen'.

Pity Southern Cross is so over done, but its good fresh air and exercise!

Cheers

Daz.

ukwizard

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:26 am

Gday Daz
Most detectorists have coils other than the Comm 11" mono because the detector packs prior to the 5000 only came with the 11" DD. People wanted to run mono's on the 4500 etc so they bought after market coils like the NF and Coiltek. My mate only has the two stock coils that came with his 5000 and he kills it with the 11" mono.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by ukwizard Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, will get comfortable with this coil and then see where my budget takes me. Still after that first find! lol! But in the meantime enjoying the sun, fresh air and those pesky over friendly good damn bloody flies! lol.

Cheers

Daz.

ukwizard

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:40 am

Gday Daz
On the fly problem, try and get hold of a cream (not spray or roll on) called "Natures Botanical". You only need a little and it works a treat. I've done away with my fly net.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 09 Oct 2013, 9:47 am

yep, dont use anything else but natures botanical cream. beats everything on the market. and best if we all stink the same lol.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Wed 09 Oct 2013, 10:30 am

I dunno M, I like the smell. Must be better than I'd normally smell out bush.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:50 pm

use the cream in the bush and yes the flys cannt handle it --bloody good stuff --got some in me shop if anyone wants some..guaranteed or ya money back

good meeting ya Brett-mulgadansa--don't give away too many secrets

cheers

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down