Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils?

+4
arizona
Rege-PA
Flying kiwi
peter.48
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils? Empty who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils?

Post by peter.48 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

Hi,

i was wondering if some people have experience with using a 30" monoloop coil on a gpx 5000?

See in the image the difference between my coiltek 18x12 goldstalker and the 30".

Hope some one has some nice tips on how to use this coil.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

peter.48

Back to top Go down

who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils? Empty Re: who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils?

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 12 Nov 2012, 5:28 am

welcome abord mate, man that is huge
maybe a extra long shaft so ya dont keep standing on it recon it will make a very expensive crunching sound if ya do What a Face
pick an area with deep ground that dont have any rocks sticks trees grass etc to contend with.
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils? Empty Re: who has experience with big carbon mono loop coils?

Post by peter.48 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 1:39 pm

Yes i have the longest upper and lower shaft in full carbon available. And since i have pretty long arms, i swing it very far in front of me, i measured that i cover an easy 3,5m of ground with each swing.

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:52 am

Hi peter.48..........How sensitive to small gold is that coil? Any idea as to how deep it will go? How much of an over lap do you need to be thorough? I would guess that the swing speed would be slow. :study: Sorry for all the questions but a set up like that is very interesting and might be another gun in the arsenal l;wfh

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 1:30 am

to be honest, i am amazed about how sensitive it is. it will pick up a gram. And it goes bloody deep. swing of course must be slow, overlap i do as with any mono coil. but its not made for small gold. It's for going to a place where the ground is deep and places where you know big gold is waiting but you cant get it with your biggest coiltek or nugget finder.

it goes with the right settings for sure 20% deeper then the biggest stock coil on the market.

hehe and emi..., it's not a city boy ;-)

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:33 am

peter.48..........very interesting scratch but how does it pinpoint and where is the sweet spot located? With a coil that big would there be confusion if multiple targets were detected at the same time Shocked Are these coils available or is it a special item? Info appreciated as I am thinking of going the same route.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:11 pm

Those coils are handmade on order by u guy on the east coast. My one is still a small one, since they go up to 50". But believe me 30" is allready a very big coil if you see it. For me 30" is big enough.

multiple targets just give multiple signals. same as small targtes, they give 2 seperate signals as each side of the coil passes over it.

Pinpointing on small targets can be a bit of a hassle (put on your small one). But bigger targets are easy found, they give 1 single signal. just do as always swing it from all sides, and listen to where the dip in the signal is, the target might be deep, very deep so dont give up digging ;-)

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona Wed 14 Nov 2012, 5:07 am

Peter are you Woody or his son? Sure sounds like it. Good luck with your coils.

arizona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:14 am

arizona wrote: Peter are you Woody or his son? Sure sounds like it. Good luck with your coils.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm well ? Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by nuggetnut Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

Peter.48
How deep would a 25" carbon coil go with a Moddified GP Extreme with soil in the US. Or my GPX-4500?

nuggetnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:45 pm

Gday Wood....err...I mean Peter.48,
Im interested in their construction....how much Hot Glue does it take to fill a coil like this?
Does it add much weight?
I suppose if the Coil aint much good,you can allways chuck it in a tree and use it to hang out the washing........

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:11 pm

Hi,

i found that the coil is going much depper then the other monos on the market. But since this coil is much bigger then the max 24" mono coiltek or nugget finder it is difficult to compare. but a 20% over the rest you will have with your 30". i dont know how deep a 25" goes on a moddified extreme or 4500 in the usa. Because i have only a modded gpx5000 and stay in WA.

And how can i know how much hot glue it takes? Do you people know that of your coiltek or nugget finder coils.

I do know that my 30" has a weight of 850 Gram.

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

Hey Peter what mods have you had done to your 5000?

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 3:23 pm

front end gain. 3 selector switch for small, medium and big coils. And some filters to make it more stable.

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:47 pm

Hi Peter, since you are a builder/designer of coils can you tell me if the depth a coil achieves is a factor of the surface area? If so, the long narrow coils will not equal the depth of one with more surface area What a Face Does the shape of the coil have something to do with depth? Curious scratch

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:06 am

of course a round coil always goes deeper then the eliptical mono's, but you know that allready, and the cone shape penetration has a deeper end point with larger diameter coils.. So the super narrow 30x7 NF mono will not go as deep as a round 30" mono.

No i am not a coil designer, i just asked if other people use this big coils and i would like to know how they where doing with it. It's not me going to tell what they can do and how much hot glue it takes to make them. i would just like to know how other people work with them.

I can only proof for myself that this coil for sure goes deeper then my 24 coiltek or NF mono.

So any tips of how to get the max out of a 30" mono would be welcome

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Thu 15 Nov 2012, 4:06 am

Very Happy In any case I find your posts helpful, and hope you would share any info you get from running it. It might be something I would like to try when I get back over.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:03 am

Enhance
Deep
Fixed
Mono

Gain - 13-14
Audio - Normal, & flick to Boost to check suspect targets
Stab - 6-8
Motion - V/Slow
Audio Tone - 30-50
Man Tune - 0-95 (lower the better)
And carry a coiltek probe to pinpoint deep targets or a small 8" Mono.

Being such a large round coil you are not looking at over driving the settings, its about letting the coil size do the deep work and running it smooth so every deep groan is heard, and take at least 10inch of dirt off to check a suspect signal not just a boot scrape.

Deep Laterite flats, and salt lakes in "Salt Gold" timing should be your main targeted areas, due to sparse ground cover.
Your swing speed needs to be slow but not too slow or you might miss a target thinking its just a ground murmer, and swing it as wide as you can to ensure the coil passes fully over any tagets from one side to the other to get a clear centre hit on any targets.
Trench spade, crowbar and a strong back should do the trick.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:03 am

Thanks Crazy Pete, that is a nice reply.

should i use enhance also on my 5000 or should i better run it in Fine gold?

Of course i have the pinpointer and the small coil always in my backpack.

I've got a very strong back, so that will be no problem ;-)

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 3:53 am

For a coil of that size i would suggest running in Enhance on both 45 & 5k.
Enhance timings have a better response to target ratio on large very deep targets.
As a rule of thumb, if the coil is 18" round or over you are always better off running
in Enhance to get better depth and stability on those deep intended targets.

But in saying that, if you can get your hands on an old SD2200D (greenbox) thats never been back to Minelab
for a tune up/repair, that will beat both the GPX's on shear depth capabilities.
A lot of the full timers still say that the un vetted SD2200D (greenbox) is the deepest seeking Pi ever built, and they use em with large coils for the deep stuff and then boot up the GPX for mopping up.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 4:02 am

so a stock sd2200d can go deeper then my new fully modded 5000 ;-(? that feels really bad. I do would like to see it in action. But if you are right, then something isnt right.

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:03 am

Thats the general feelings of the old operators.
As for Modded machines, each to there own i guess, but
i wouldnt get my gear fiddled with no matter what claims are made.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona Fri 16 Nov 2012, 6:02 am

A 5000 is a deeper machine than the old SD series. It takes more than reading the owners manual to know how to run them to their maximum performance. There are a few videos out their that will lead you to know the tricks to getting the best from a 5000. And it still takes several months of day in day out to know the 5000 and all it can do.

arizona

Back to top Go down

Post by peter.48 Fri 16 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

i am walking allready a long time with my 5000, it starts to become an old 5000 allready. I did have some problems with it and it had to be fixed more then ones.

And yes, never fiddle with your 5000. i have done it, regret it and it is bad very bad!

peter.48

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona Fri 16 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

peter.48 wrote:i am walking allready a long time with my 5000, it starts to become an old 5000 allready. I did have some problems with it and it had to be fixed more then ones.

And yes, never fiddle with your 5000. i have done it, regret it and it is bad very bad!

Woody, when is the UD going to hit the market?

arizona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next