Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you swing for gold

+17
snapper
rc62burke
Someday
Narrawa
NAM
Yellow Hornet
AussieAU
Makaw
Goldbait
Flakmagnet
red devil
the speciman
golden
matelot
shorty
Bignuggs
Peaky
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you swing for gold - Page 2 Empty What do you swing for gold

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought i'd ask members to post up what detector they swing while out searching
for the good old yeller,Whether its a SD/GP/GPX or whether its a Modded machine, or
even a VLF.
Some may be swinging a Whites or a Garrett or a Fisher, it would be interesting to see the
cross section of members detectors.... Very Happy

My weapon Suspect Suspect Razz is a GPX5000 and i'm very happy with the performance of it
so far, ive had no breakdowns and it is pulling gold left right & centre from my old patches that i've
flogged the livin guts outta with every previous Minelab Pulse Model.

Also i'm a shoulder speaker user, i used to always use headphones back in the day until i made the
leap and tried a speaker & since then i carry them incase the speaker craps itself but never use em otherwise.

Crazy Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

What do you swing for gold - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you swing for gold

Post by Narrawa Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

I use a 4500, thats because i dont have a 5000. Razz
I use a mix of coils from the 10x5s to the 16" weighing heavily on the 11" and 17x11"...that will soon change im sure being in WA.
I use a homemade booster when its working or just the std setup in the 4500 battery with a budget jaycar speaker thats wire and plug could do with some TLC...soon, i'll fix them soon.
I have a total of 3 Malleeboy picks at my disposal....does that scare you?? Laughing Laughing
Mine, the near warn out one...the newer one my women uses, and a spare thats not for sale.... cause its a spare.

We have his and her toilets as well....worth a mention i thought because of the amount of times, his has been used to seat an unseated rs round the campfire for those forgetful folk....and adds laughter when the rider falls off due to it slowly letting go of its fixing points..... Ya have ta be there!! its like a reverse jack-in-the-box. Laughing

Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm

A baby's nappy!
A neglected 5000 with a 50$ external speaker. One day for someday?
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

Now ya have hit rock bottom Razz using nappies in ya sluice. but then again, they do catch a lot of sh#t so maybe they work lol!
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:27 pm

leave a fellow drunkard alone drunken lol! lol! lol!

:study: says here "make sure to apply powder before new nappy is fitted scratch scratch

Wont that Clog up the Riffles scratch What do you swing for gold - Page 2 452991977 Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:38 pm

My sincere apoplexy. A fellow drunk, welcome dude. but do shitty nappies really collect the gold lol!
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:24 am

Hi All
I'm in NQ & I run an SD2200d, mostly use 20" NF mono, have an 11" goldsearch minelab mono, 11" DD doesn't get a run, have a Sadie coil 8 x 6 NF mono, I run the big coil mostly cause I'm looking for a patch, last year I found a .6 g bit with it @ 2" on a scrape so I'm confident I'm not missing to much checked the area with the Sadie coil & picked up .3 g bit , I have a Little Ripper battery system running @ 6.7v but I am going to try to tweak the 8.4 v down to 7.3v to see what happens I run the booster flat out so all targets scream I have a speaker on the shoulder strap of my pack, no wires between me & the detector, I will take some pic's & post.
cheers
Lee

Last edited by rc62burke on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling & grammer was crap)
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:42 am

hi, have the 5k and 4 coils, 11" mono and dd, 8x6 nf, 18"comander, havnt found much with the 18" but maybe just havnt walked over big nuggets yet, the 8x6 is fantastic as is the 11" mono, im interested in the new 30"x7" nf and perhaps a 22" or bigger coil, i used to use the external speaker but now i use headphones, cheers stu. i decided not to get the 30"x7" and bought the 24"x12" nf

Last edited by snapper on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:38 am

Bignuggs wrote:My sincere apoplexy. A fellow drunk, welcome dude. but do shitty nappies really collect the gold lol!

Fine gold and nuggets, You Bet! Thank F@@k that part of life is well and truly in the past! cheers cheers

Dóh, for the moment, still have 2 teenagers at home! NO Sad
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by TopEndAu Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

Swinging my 4500 up here in the tropics...Darwin! Got into detecting last dry season and have 12 bits for 17grams so far Very Happy
My NFA 17x11 rarely leaves my stick! If it does then the ML 11" has a run. Looking to purchase a new NFA 18" round before the season kicks off again this dry.
I use the 'Treasure Mate II' amp and speaker unit and it's a beauty!
Off to Laverton at Easter for 9 days! Very Happy

TopEndAu

Back to top Go down

Post by NAM Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

I use a GPX 4500, external speaker & 14x9 goldstalker.
NAM
NAM

Back to top Go down

Post by frank c Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

I use the "Trusty Ol " 3500 hjjo with a 16 NFSL 95% of the time. And I have been doin well with that combo.
Here in the states, Northwestern Arizona.
I have about 5 other coils 1 of which I just got the 12x15 commander but haven't brought myself to using yet.
That 16 I'm using has some extreme sensitivity to the tinys and definitely goes down I've just lately dug a 42 in deep hole l;wfh recovering a target.
Also have a custom super lightweight lipoly batt set up and runnin a detac amp, carbon fiber upper.
Heres a couple pics of the results I've had lately.
Hapy Huntn to ALL.
Attachments
What do you swing for gold - Page 2 Attachment
100_2330.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(289 Kb) Downloaded 17 times
What do you swing for gold - Page 2 Attachment
th_frankterry007-1.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(5 Kb) Downloaded 18 times
frank c
frank c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

Hi Frank

Some very nice gold there mate, any chance you may have a shot of your custom lipoly batt set up mate ?

Cheers
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by frank c Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:36 pm

Will do Pete, later this week I'll be breakin the gear out for a trip an snap a pic.
frank c
frank c

Back to top Go down

Post by cp90macs Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:16 am

Running a 5000 with Doc's Goldscreamer power amp/battery set up. Favorite coil was the Minelab 11 inch Commander mono, but I just recently got a 14 x 9 NFASL. I found a .4gramer the first time that I use it, Very Happy and a .5gramer another day. Have also a Eureka Gold that now is regulated to back up duty!
More Au to you, Robert
cp90macs
cp90macs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

tried swingin the mrs but she fell apart and shit went everywhere.
resorted to watchin everyone else bringin in the bacon..

regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:58 pm

I've just got my hands on a GP3000 (mod) using a Coiltek 14'' DD and a 14'' Mono Goldstalker, I have'nt found any yella yet just rubbish, hoping to prove the machine on my next trip.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2