Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab PRO-SWING 45

+9
UTBN
Stingray
hanson
Jack-Tar
hoolahoopa
Bignuggs
Biggest Kev
NuggieDreamer
Laverton Luck
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minelab PRO-SWING 45 Empty Minelab PRO-SWING 45

Post by Laverton Luck Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:57 am

Laverton Luck
Laverton Luck

Back to top Go down

Minelab PRO-SWING 45 Empty Re: Minelab PRO-SWING 45

Post by NuggieDreamer Sat 03 Aug 2013, 11:39 am

What a manaj!
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Sat 03 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

They almost had me fooled, but then I snapped out of my drunken stupor and realised what a crock of shite.

Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 03 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

It's certainly different but I'm not sure about the bar attachment. I reckon some of the other features are good, especially the velcro back strap adjuster and quick release.
But I think I'll stick with the standard ML harness.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Sat 03 Aug 2013, 5:37 pm

for $140 you can buy a very nice backpack. sorry minelab you have well and truly overpriced yourselves on this one.

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 7:19 am

hoolahoopa wrote:for $140 you can buy a very nice backpack. sorry minelab you have well and truly overpriced yourselves on this one.

I agree. Why, after so many years do we need a new one? I've never used it anyway. Always used an AZO one from JP

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 1:42 pm

$149 bucks and made in CHINA........bet they will fall apart after a few seasons.
Does this mean that a new detector will be crash landing in a store near you shortly???

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Thu 08 Aug 2013, 7:49 pm

My current harness has only been used for 4 months now and it has worn through in 2 places on the arm support and is showing signs of heavy wearing in various places. It is being used as designed and obviously it is not up to the task. I hope they will stand behind their product Mad 

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Sat 10 Aug 2013, 7:53 pm

hoolahoopa wrote:for $140 you can buy a very nice backpack. sorry minelab you have well and truly overpriced yourselves on this one.
Who uses a backpack instead of the harness and what brand and model do you use?

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by hanson Sun 11 Aug 2013, 5:44 pm

Hey Craig, if it stuffs up with fair wear, me thinks Consumer Affairs would be right behind you if you ask for a replacement
hanson
hanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm

nothing lasts forever--geez ya bagging something that u haven't even tried--I still have my old harness and I reckon I've covered more miles than a lot of members here put together...

must admit I don't have anything else hanging of it, like a gps or spare coil or water bottle etc...maybe that's what it was intended to do.

The only disappointment with the original harness I can find is that the bloody thing sweats on my back.

How u can wear one out in 4 months doesn't sound right--take a couple of photos so we can see whats gone wrong...

The boys at minelab would be interested to see if something is wrong with the fabric or manufacturing, rather than get a third party involved.

must be talking about the material over the detector were ya arm slides in--yep they do wear..cheap to replace..

hope this helps

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:12 am

Was in the shop stocking up for the weekend bash after the rains.
Tried on the new harness.... Small, adjusted out everything to the last thread and the buckle is super tight around the guts.
Don't buy online until you know you are comfortable in this get up.
The old fraying held together with gaffer tape original harness I have, is bigger and still has larger adjustment left.
Thought about using the straps off my old belt to extend the length to make it comfortable when digging... and they changed the buckle clip size too, so you can't even mix/match to custom the straps the way you want... PASS!
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:11 pm

lack of digging might b making u fatter than u were last year--lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:11 pm

There used to be a couple of ladies in Hay street Perth who did repairs to backpacks or made stuff with webbing. They moved out to the West Perth area.
If I can find where they moved too, I'll lets ya's know. Unless someone knows where they went.
I've been meaning to get some modifications done to my harness for my camera bag and water bottle instead of having another belt around me.
The ML harness has lots of loops for gear with clips but I need another short belt section or 2 at the sides of the harness.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:23 pm

cabin crew cross check your harnesses..lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Tue 27 Aug 2013, 8:45 pm

I've never used the harness, I use a camelbak backpack with 1.5L good quality bladder and a home-made hipstick. I don't like the thick bungee cord - I use a thin cord - the one that came with the 2100. Keep a small headlight, greenlight matches, dunny paper, sample bags, spare in-ear headphones etc permanently in the top section. Battery and spare lead in the bottom with speaker on the left arm strap. Plenty of room for lunch or whatever.

I'm not a big bloke, but with the hipstick and setup I can swing a pretty big coil (20in NF) easily, and swing the 14x9 all day.

regards
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 8:08 am

My original harness that came with my 4000 hasnt got any wear problems yet. The waist strap is rubbish though,so I sewed a piece of seatbelt inside it to beef it up and stop it scrunching up.
I have seen the stitching come out of a few newer harnesses,where the velcro comes away from the battery pouch and the shoulder straps come apart.
I only hang a 1ltr water bottle off my waist strap,and take a backpack with a few spare litre`s plus a spare power lead,headphones and lunch in it.
I usually stash that in the shade in the area Im working.

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm

G'day. Just bought the new harness. After putting it together and slight adjustments I can honestly say that hipsticks are now a thing of the past.
This year so far I've worn out three hipsticks at I think 60$ each. This new harness feels much better with no wearing points. I have no doubt already it was the best 140$ I've spent on an accessory.
Anyone want my very used and worn third hipstick?
It's free

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Thu 19 Sep 2013, 6:15 pm

Hi, sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. Have you used it for any extended period? By the way, I'm curious to know what part of your hipstick wore out three times?

Cheers

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Thu 19 Sep 2013, 6:33 pm

G'day stingray. Haven't used it for long periods at all as I just bought it. I'm heading off again within a few days so it will get a good work out. Very confident of this harnesses ability however.
I went thru 3 hipsticks this year in 7 months detecting. I detect all day every day. The parts that wore out on those hipsticks were the ball at the end of stick. It would round off until it fell thru the swivel part. I then placed a tight fitting rock in swivel part until the ball wore out to a bit of crap at end of a stick.
Also for some reason with the hipsticks I used this year the plastic cup which is at the end of hipstick would slide down after the glue gave out. I reglued it no probs however and worked good until the ball disintegrated. I'll chuck up a pic of worn part.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 19 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

My hipstic has also worn out, to fix mine i just used duct tape around the ball to make it bigger so it doesn't slip through,
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:42 pm

F.Y.I
a follow up from jase (UBTN).
he sent me some pics to post for him of the wear in the ball and the broken/repaired swivel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

as he has said Jase now uses the new harness and seems impressed with the new design.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:56 pm

In that last pic, ya toenails need clipping Martin Very Happy 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:39 pm

haha, not mine cliff, these pics were sent from Jase Laughing