Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swing today

2 posters

Go down

Swing today Empty Swing today

Post by Goldbait Thu 08 Mar 2012, 11:07 pm

Went for a swing late this afternoon.

Thought i'd throw the 18" mono on and swing over the grass. Now last time i checked the grass was about 6 - 8 inches long, but it was thin enough that i could push it down to have the coil about 2 - 5 inches above the ground. Well how times change with a little bit of rain. Grass was thick and upto 12 inches high and no chance of remotely getting close to the ground. So went to plan B.

Went for a walk down one of the fire trails and my mate said "There are more diggings in here". Well we walked in 5 metres and only when we got in past the trees and shrubs we could see diggings go down the slope. Found a few nails, but i really had the wrong size coil on. I needed the 6x8" mono to go over these diggings, as i think they have been gone over quite extensively before and the 18" was just a bit too big on the mullock heaps with twigs and sticks around.

We followed the slope down to a small dry creek.... basically bedrock with stones.... once again another good spot to take the 8x6 coil. As we followed the creek along we saw many more mullock heaps on the side of this hill.

The biggest problem here again... is the amount of shubbery, trees, long grass, sticks. It needs a fire to go through it desperately, but i'm keen as mustard to hit this area hard if and when a fire does go through.

On the way out i almost walked into a big paper wasp nest. Prob 50 of the suckers 12 inches from my face. No idea why they didn't attack, but thank f##k they didn't. I was 1km from camp through bush in green ant laden trees and golden orb spider country.

Anyway, that was the day. No gold to come out of the ground, but i've found some killer new country where i didn't think there were diggings.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Swing today Empty Re: Swing today

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:35 am

Sounds good Jase

What sort of rock types did you see on the mullock piles and were they jagged or smooth
from water action, sounds like its time to get stuck into the net and suss out some history
and maybe some old reports from the mines dept.
She sounds like it has good potential mate good luck for the future visits ay. Very Happy

Pete

PS: No tectin here for a while still gettin 38c and i'm a jelly baby Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by maladjusted Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:50 am

38 degrees, ya lucky bugger Pete, we got over 38 mil yesterday....same effect though, not going anywhere either Rolling Eyes

maladjusted

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:55 am

mullock heaps are good. it appears they have dug down to a clay base layer. the whole area is serpentine with quartz reefs through the area, but mostly the gold is scattered.

Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down