Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder 30X7 patch finder

2 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder 30X7 patch finder Empty Nugget Finder 30X7 patch finder

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2018, 3:31 pm

Hi All,
Has any one used the Nugget Finder 30X7 patch Finder on a GPX5000.
Settings would be much appreciated. I would like to know if any of the pros still use this coil .

Many Thanks
Greg

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder 30X7 patch finder Empty Re: Nugget Finder 30X7 patch finder

Post by pilko Wed 09 May 2018, 5:51 am

I find you tend to get tripped up/hung up in veg with the damn thing. Most people I know that purchased one never really used it. The best coil to use is the one you find gold with.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 10:37 am

So true pilko, But to get the gold the coil has to been over the top of the nug. There's plenty of open country to not get hung up on, and covering more ground as one walks is an advantage from what i have seen.Still
horses for courses they say,no two people agree on everything. Thanks for the reply anyway.
Cheers
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2018, 5:25 am

wdgreg wrote:Hi All,
          Has any one used the Nugget Finder 30X7 patch Finder on a GPX5000.
          Settings would be much appreciated. I would like to know if any of the pros still use this coil .

Many Thanks
          Greg

G'day Greg

I had one I used on the 4500, no particular settings required really, just use it as you would your other mono coils, they work and cover heaps of ground but as earlier stated they tend to get tangled in everything and you spend a lot of time leveling it out with your foot or pushing it on the ground, as everything it touches like rocks and grass clumps will cause it to tilt backwards and forwards, great on open flats but it becomes harder to work with if there are rocks and tufts of grass as you also find yourself having to lift it and swing it above it all and it gets tiring as it becomes heavy, I did find gold with mine it was sensitive to the small stuff but don't expect great depth, best piece I got with it was a 19 grammer close to the surface.

I know the aim is to cover more ground but if you are constantly messing about with the thing then whats the point, better with other types of coils, I use a nuggetfinder 14x7 eliptical or sometimes a 16" nuggetfinder sl round mono, if you dont mind the weight of a coil nuggetfinder do a 24x12 advantage mono and also coiltek do a similar sized one so they may be more suitable for you.

cheers

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2018, 6:11 am

Thanks for the great reply au-fever. That info is very handy to have on board.
I have heard a whisper that Nugget finder is bringing out a new patch finder coil ,soon,so we will see if there is any of the depth issues addressed with the new design. Lay flat wire as per the new Nugget finders.
all good for now, gotta get that coil over the yellow.
cheers Guys
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko Fri 11 May 2018, 6:32 am

prob one of the best all round coils from long ago was the coiltek 24" ufo. No point looking backwards but the mount location..whilst a pain in one way (coil kept slipping) put 2/3rds of the coil out front and away from your feet.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 18 May 2018, 7:38 pm

I bought the 19" NF Evolution. It's a beautiful coil to use and very light for it's size. It's the same weight as the 14" Coiltek camo but feels lighter. Unfortunately it's not done too well on the gold so far but you have to swing over it I guess Rolling Eyes
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down