Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patch finders

+3
skaufman
Goldbait
Makaw
7 posters

Go down

Patch finders Empty Patch finders

Post by Makaw Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

Whats the biggest and best patch finder for the 5k. I still want to pick up anything over .3 if possible. Simply because theres more chance of finding the littlies. But i need to cover ground, and the 14 aint big enough.
Whats your opinion on the 30x7?

Back to top Go down

Patch finders Empty Re: Patch finders

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

The 24x12 Mono is one of the favs for patch hunting over here, good coverage,depth and sens to little
tiddlers, Drag coils on quads are also popular here on the flats.
Havnt used a 30x7 NF but keen to give one a run, my only concern with that size is what could be
missed if the gold is more than 12" deep and smallish.

Strangely i haven't been able to find a Youtube vid of one being used either scratch

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

Funny you should say that Pete i just bought a 24x12 aswell after selling my orange one a while back.
The one i bought ( dont hit me) was from one of these dodgy chinese sellers.
I am very interested in how it goes after talking coils around the camp fire the other night.
Its a rip off of a well known brand, but for the small amount i paid for it, i will not hesitate to throw it in the creek if its crap.
It will never be sold once i get it, so it doesnt end up in the Legit coil market.
I know i am gonna get slammed for posting this, but for me its just curiosity on wether it will actually work, and for how many hours/ minutes before it becomes bump sensative, or catches fire...
I dont condone buying rip off items, , this is just a test for myself out of curiosity.
I still plan on buying a legit 24x12 and 30x7 now after reading feed back from another forum where others have loved the resposiveness of the 30x7.
Posting results of legit vs Chinese rip off will not be posted for obvious reasons.
But i am sure gonna have fun doing it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

tricky1 is the man to talk to about patch finders
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Patch finders Empty my 30x7 patch pro

Post by skaufman Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:33 pm

I like it but would have liked the solid one rather than the superlight open one.
Just bought a solid skid plate so it dosent get caught on all the sticke etc.
Found sub grammers at surprising depth with the coil - .4g at >7"

I use the same settings as the 14x9 with it on yhe 4500 and my new 5000.

Regards

Simon

skaufman

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Thu 16 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

Makaw wrote:Funny you should say that Pete i just bought a 24x12 aswell after selling my orange one a while back.
The one i bought ( dont hit me) was from one of these dodgy chinese sellers.
I am very interested in how it goes after talking coils around the camp fire the other night.
Its a rip off of a well known brand, but for the small amount i paid for it, i will not hesitate to throw it in the creek if its crap.
It will never be sold once i get it, so it doesnt end up in the Legit coil market.
I know i am gonna get slammed for posting this, but for me its just curiosity on wether it will actually work, and for how many hours/ minutes before it becomes bump sensative, or catches fire...
I dont condone buying rip off items, , this is just a test for myself out of curiosity.
I still plan on buying a legit 24x12 and 30x7 now after reading feed back from another forum where others have loved the resposiveness of the 30x7.
Posting results of legit vs Chinese rip off will not be posted for obvious reasons.
But i am sure gonna have fun doing it...

G'day Makaw, mate you may blow up the front end of your 5000 using one of those dicky coils.
The wiring in Minelab coils have to be made to very close tolerances. affraid
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 16 Feb 2012, 3:50 pm

Thanks for the info, about the sensativity on sub grammers Simon. And i wont run the chinese one on the 5k, just gonna have a play on the extreme with it. I dare say it shoudnt hurt the extreme, they were made when men were men, and detectors were built like tanks... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 23 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

Lmao it turned up today ( the fake coil). NO WAY you could mistake it for a real legit properly made coil. The stickers fell off already , the skid plate doesnt fit, and its just plain nasty in general.
I wont be even trying to stick this on the 5k for obvious reasons.
So for my own satisfaction, to myself i have proven that the chinese imported coils are are so below standard it aint even funny...
They will never be competition for professionally made coils by any stretch of the imagination ..
Anyone want to lend me their tector so i can plug this baby in? Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Thu 23 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

Makwa

Any chance you can post a Pic so we can have a look at it

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

I would rather not post pics, not sure on the legalities of alledged dodgy coils. I may post a pic of it, crusified and on fire nailed to a gum tree with a pick.
Still gonna stick it on the extreme for a swing this weekend just for kicks...
The main reason i have bought it as stated was to prove to myself that you only get what you pay for....
Have to have a chat with management to see if posting a pic of it on here is ok. I cant see why not, it should show the difference between a legit coil and dodgy one for any unlucky ebayers if they are unfortunate to be posted a copied coil..

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:17 pm

G'day maka,

We all post pics & vids of our detectors and coils so I don't see a problem. as you say, the label fell off so it can't be identified and it isn't a genuine known brand. Not sure where you got it from but the the seller can't complain.
Post the pics, I'm sure everyone wants to see it.

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 7:37 am

Trevor from Coiltek Manufacturing put this on his website some time back.

It will be interesting to see the difference between his fake and yours Makaw.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:56 am

Just got my hands on a Nuggetfinder 24 x12 Advantge Mono and a Carbon Fibre upper shaft. I used to swing a Coiltek 18 x 12 Goldstalker full time,with an extra long lower shaft,without a Bungy. The Nuggetfinder feels a bit heavier,so I might have to un-coil the bungy or start doing weights.
Time will tell how it goes. I have a good test spot in mind where I left some deep targets with the Coiltek. If they dont scream with the Nuggetfinder I will be fairly pissed off.

Back to top Go down

Patch finders Empty Question for CrustyGus... Patch Finder

Post by cp90macs Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:46 am

Was wondering how your test came out in comparing the NF 24x12 Advantage to your CoilTek 18x12 Goldstalker? Sensitivety, depth, and ability to run smooth. Thanks for any info's you can pass along. In the market for something bigger than the Minelab 15x12 Mono eliptical.
More Au to you, Robert

Sorry Mates, Just found the other post where you posted the Results. Thank you Crusty Gus.
More Au to you, Robert
cp90macs
cp90macs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down