Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still no trip, planning stages start now.

3 posters

Go down

Still no trip, planning stages start now. Empty Still no trip, planning stages start now.

Post by danowner Wed 12 Apr 2017, 11:25 pm

I have yet to go on my 'first trip'. I took the advice on the temperature, and also the fact that I would have had no choice but to go alone, as my brother had gone back to school. I am now in the official planning stage. Only thing I need is money, an Epirb and my brother and I can get out there. This weekend I am going to go to a few spots in Perth, searched far and wide to find a few patches of bush that is public, no tenement and I will be double checking with Mines and Petroleum tomorrow. I also had a question for those on this forum before I asked M&P. Regional parks; Can we prospect on there? It doesn't say anything about them in the handbook, only regional and forests. This weekend will be good fun.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Still no trip, planning stages start now. Empty Re: Still no trip, planning stages start now.

Post by danowner Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:44 am

I got permission to go prospect on some live tenement land. Going to head over on Saturday/ Friday. Wanted to know if I can legally go on a regional park and prospect though, never got the chance to call mines and pet.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Still no trip, planning stages start now. Empty Re: Still no trip, planning stages start now.

Post by Moneybox Fri 14 Apr 2017, 8:34 am

I see a lot of videos where treasure seekers prospect in parks so i guess its accepted as ok. The most important thing is to carefully fill your holes so you leave no trace of your digging. We've been to some parks but stay clear of the areas with neat grass such as a sports ground. It could be dangerous to loosen the ground in these areas.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 15 Apr 2017, 2:14 pm

Playgrounds rec reserves and footy ovals are OK but not flora parks or national parks.
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:01 pm

Yeah, found out somehow I missed that it was actually national park. I got permission from a mining company to go prospecting on a patch of crown land in the hills this weekend. Went up today and found my detector was playing up, found a few old old mine shafts, and had a blast. Knew I'd love this hobby. Not 1 spec of gold found, yet had the best day ever. Loved every moment of it. All thanks to @fredsnugget for the XT 18000 he gave me. I've connected a small 12V Bike battery direct to the terminals, but they were a bit loose today, going to have to hard wire them tonight, and try again tomorrow. Nice sensitivity on the detector though, found a beut of a bottle cap, the beep almost deafened me haha.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down