Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SDC is a great machine

+2
Stingray
martinjsto
6 posters

Go down

The SDC is a great machine Empty The SDC is a great machine

Post by martinjsto Fri 27 May 2016, 7:02 pm

getting the most out of the machine you have is one of the tricks to regularly  getting good gold.  some places you may not get very deep due to the noisy ground and having to back the machine settings off and  that goes for all machines.   I picked up 44 bits today with the SDC for 10.57g, deepest was about 9 inches. I run her on max and she is noisy but the gold signal is still clear once you understand what she is telling you. ground noise is definitely different to gold.

The SDC is a great machine 20160510

The SDC is a great machine 20160511

cheers

Last edited by martinjsto on Sat 28 May 2016, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

The SDC is a great machine Empty Re: The SDC is a great machine

Post by Stingray Fri 27 May 2016, 8:15 pm

44 bits is nothing short of an excellent day Martin - you must have enjoyed that! Nice gold too by the looks. I hope tomorrow is even better than today!

Stingray

Stingray

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Fri 27 May 2016, 10:18 pm

Bingo!!
Run her hot, get the lot Cool

Unreal result mate Wink

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 28 May 2016, 9:18 pm

cheers guys,
yep stingray, nothing better than retrieving a target only to get strapped up and tak half a stem and hit another, i didnt want to leave the patch even when daylight was fading telling myself "just another one, just another one then i will go back to camp," 4 bits later i finally packed it in for the day with a big smile on my face.

another 14 bits today from the same patch for 3.75g, deepest today was an amazing 11 inches for a 0.75g but i changed over to the 5K and elite combo for that as i was not getting any more out of the SDC, i had to use the SDC to pinpoint the target in the deep hole so she did the final find. a fella with us then took his 7K over the area and picked up about 6 more deep little bits but that looks like it so between the SDC and the 5K i got pretty well most of it,
I took my hammer and chisel and chipped out the 3 targets in the rock, all greenstone hard as and they were small bits wedged in between the gaps so no leader unfortunately but still a good day.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 29 May 2016, 6:02 pm

another good day out for the SDC pinging 45 bits for my new PB weighing in at 8.34g. I had to start raking the stones into piles so with lost time doing that it was a better productive day than the 44 bit day.
cheers

The SDC is a great machine 20160512

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Sun 29 May 2016, 9:19 pm

Good little patch your on to Martin - If I were you I wouldn't be moving too far anytime soon! Good luck!

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Mon 30 May 2016, 10:29 am

Nice and chunky Martin-What do you run it on-up on the salt setting?I`m heading back out this weekend and will experiment -Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 30 May 2016, 4:16 pm

Another great day Martin well done again :)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 30 May 2016, 11:54 pm

cheers stingray, I dont plan on going anywhere for at least a week so plenty of time to get it all, I hate leaving even the crumbs behind.

hi max, hope you and Belinda are both well.
i run the SDC on 4 or 5 and have yet to find an area where i need to run in salt. I try to use 5 as much as possible and find even the 0.1g pieces are still audible over the wobble. smallest i have got is the size of a pin head and wont display a weight on my 0.00 scales, when i get a target of that size it is difficult to distinguish it from the background noise so after I have dug it i leave the hole open and go back and find the speck close to sunset when the machine has quietened down a bit or even at night if necessary.

thanks again pete, I have to work more for it now raking a big area but every section I rake puts out anywhere from 2 to 6 bits so worth the effort.

I needed to restock supplies today and didnt get back from Meeka till 1.30, had some grub and took the missus out for a quick detect and she got 5 bits in only 15 mins, i couldnt be beaten
by the missus so around 3 ish i hit the spot again and had 10 more for 2.42g by sunset. tomorrow will be better im sure as i did some testing a bit further on raking a few piles up and got 3 quickly so the run continues.
over 100 bits now 29.8g and its still going cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Tue 31 May 2016, 6:34 am

Hi Martin,
we have recently finished a scrape and detect operation using 2300's as the detector. We also run them hot on 5 and found that we got better results first thing in the morning.
We could go over the work done late in the previous day and find several new targets. The machine didn't seem to be any less "wobbly" so I put it down to us being fresher and thus more able to pick the signals.
No empirical proof of that, it is just my thoughts and as I am a morning person it fits with other things I find better to do in the morning.
Well done on your patch and may it keep on giving.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 31 May 2016, 6:25 pm

thanks dozer, as the day progressed the SDC can get a bit noisy but I believe the gold still is audible over the background noise, even the small bits of 0,07 at 2 inches i got today around 1 pm was a clear dig me sound.
had a hard day today as im getting into the deeper embedded rocky area and have broken two spikes off my rake so it misses a few rocks now requiring more rakes to get it clean enough but I still got 24 bits for 4.42g . im really stuffed now so will take tomorrow off from raking and just chain back over what i have done so far to pick up anything i may of missed. i will take a pic of the spot tomorrow and post it, some nice gardening work.
cheers all

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:39 am

A very good read

Excellent results Martin

Sounds like there is more

Thanks for posting
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:01 am

Better rest that sore back Martin Wink
Dont wanna be out of action on a good patch like that.

Hows the camping been too mate, nice days and nights or a bit of cold showery stuff too, got down to 0.8c here last night, think it's time to get outa me fongs lol! lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 01 Jun 2016, 7:13 pm

thanks Ttrash, its a nice little patch for sure.
been really nice weather pete, 26 during the day and warm nights except one where the extra blanket came out.
I did rest today and decided to run the 5k and elite 14 inch over everything i have raked to see what was deeper and scored another 13 nuggets for 4 grams all around the foot deep, the patch just keep giving but its our last day tomorrow heading north on friday but i will be back soon as i found another run around 300 mt up hill from this one.
kas has got some nice camp pics i will post soon.
cheers all

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down