Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Machine.

Go down

New Machine.  Empty New Machine.

Post by Bonefisher Mon 25 Mar 2013, 10:21 pm

Hi folks, hopefully someone will be able to give me a little guidance.

Saving like buggery for my Minelab 5000 before heading back to OZ, long old road but hopefully worth it. Huge learning curve and I may be jumping the gun here.

From what I have read on here and elsewhere the GPX 5000 is the machine to have, admittadly HAVE to practice and practice again to get the best out of it but was just wondering if the 5000 will soon enough be replaced with a 'better' machine.

As I said I'm saving like buggery and doing all I can to learn about the machine AND how to use it and its going to be at least August before I can get the 5000, so just wanted some opinions on possible new detectors that may be coming out is all, or is the 5000 THE machine to go with.

Thanks for any help peeps, I'm still leaning very much toward the 5000, but are detectors a bit like computers? No sooner have you bought the 'newest' one when a 'new' one comes out with a few more bells and whistles. Laughing

Not that I would ever be able to use all these new bells and whistles (bit dim at times) Laughing but just a thought really.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

New Machine.  Empty Re: New Machine.

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 6:29 am

G'day Boney,

All the pundits, dealers etc. here in Oz reckon there won't be a modell to supercede the 5000 until early-to-mid next year. Then again, who knows.
Get yourself a copy of this dvd by Jonathan Porter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Mar 2013, 7:35 am

there is a semi automatic version of a new detector being tested and its called the D6D-cat
Has a very good battery and drinks about 60l of diesel an hour..
Digs holes with ease and a anti thieft device to disarm the machine in case of attempted removal..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Tue 26 Mar 2013, 8:15 am

goldnomad wrote:G'day Boney,

All the pundits, dealers etc. here in Oz reckon there won't be a modell to supercede the 5000 until early-to-mid next year. Then again, who knows.
Get yourself a copy of this dvd by Jonathan Porter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert

Hi Robert.

Many thanks for the info mate. From what you say and some basic research it does indeed look like the earliest new machine could be next year.

Bugger it, I might as well save me pennies and get the 5000 and get used to it and IF a new one comes out so be it. I could be hanging out for a machine that differs little to the 5000 and wasting good practice time and getting into the fields ASAP.

Had a sqiuzze at the Ebay link mate, looks good, and as a newbie all advice is welcome.

Once again mate, thanks for the heads up.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Tue 26 Mar 2013, 8:21 am

oneday monday wrote:there is a semi automatic version of a new detector being tested and its called the D6D-cat
Has a very good battery and drinks about 60l of diesel an hour..
Digs holes with ease and a anti thieft device to disarm the machine in case of attempted removal..

regards
oneday

Hi Oneday. New Machine.  3179412840

I've contacted Minelab and asked for this new machines brochure to be sent out to me. Apparently the packaging with it is bloody huge and its delivered by trailer. Shocked

But seriously mate, as a newbie I had to read your post twice before I made a huge pratt of myself and asked for more details. Laughing

Thanks for giving me a giggle mate.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down