Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

testing yah machine

3 posters

Go down

testing yah machine Empty testing yah machine

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 7:37 pm

I hear a lot of conjecture about digging a hole and throwing a piece of gold in it and burying it then test to see if yah machine will pick it up..

Well how about getting a 3/4" piece of steel rod about 2' long and hitting it with a 4lb hammer at 45* into the ground till u get about 12"-15" down then hopefully u can extract the rod and drop a round lead fishing sinker in the hole and test yah machine in this manner--oh and don't forget to jump on the hole to compact the dirt.

Let me know if u budding detectorists out there get any surprising results...eg-better in Normal compared to Enhanced..
High gain and low stabiliser vice versa..

Whether u use a booster --try different channels with the manual tune knob etc etc.
try different coil sizes--16" compared to 20" compared to 25" coils..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

testing yah machine Empty Re: testing yah machine

Post by bluedog Mon 17 Feb 2014, 6:56 am

What a good idea ray I will try that
Cheers col

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 7:02 am

it would pay to weld a handle on the piece of steel rod --this will make it easier to pull out.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 17 Feb 2014, 7:44 am

Excellent idea.It should be a very good experiment to try.I should imagine there would be a vast comparison in the results between disturbed and undisturbed ground.Now off to the shed to see what I can find.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper Mon 17 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

Good idea Ray,well worth a try I recon.
I know some prospectors use a small auger to drill into the wall of a creek or large hole and put in a few holes at different levels then you can stick your target on a stick and poke it into you chosen hole and test your detector . The beauty of this system is that you are not disturbing the surface soil also you don't have to leave the target in the ground for some other prospector to dig up!

Snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down