Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2

3 posters

Go down

Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2 Empty Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2

Post by CrazyPete Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:57 pm

A very worthwhile watch, some vital clues when it comes to shear zones and faulting.

Pete  Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2 Empty Re: Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2

Post by martinjsto Wed 22 Apr 2015, 8:47 pm

very informative vids Pete, you can pick up a lot of good info from watching and re watching them
thanks buddy for posting
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2 Empty Re: Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Parts 1 and 2

Post by feverpitch Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:09 am

I agree.Absolutely brilliant doco. Packed with an enormous amount of info on the subject.I always wondered about some host rock around quartz with gold veins. To me it didn't look igneous.Now I know it was sedimentary in origin.If you look at my Eureka Reef video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ,toward the end you will see quartz stringers that came off the main vein,still there in place running through sandstone.
What they didn't mention in the two parts is something a organic chemist friend of mine mentioned to me about hydrothermal fluids.And that is that the water down there in the lower crust,and at the border of the mantle ,is under insane amounts of pressure and heated to an insane temperature,and becomes supercritical.When water becomes supercritical it doesn't behave like water as we know it.If you try to dissolve gold into water as we know it,its not gonna happen.But water when it goes supercritical it becomes a powerful solvent and will dissolve gold into it,amongst many other things,including your hand if you could dip it into it.Not a nice thought!.It then becomes a super sweet liquid,(my term only)if you know what I mean.

Take a look at the channel associated with the documentary.Its called Geology Films, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
They have other great documentaries on the subject.I highly recommend them. Cheers,Trev.

feverpitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down