Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Totally p*ssed Off

+11
aussie18
AussieAU
hoolahoopa
Narrawa
NuggieDreamer
sandgroper
Pebbles
UrbanFox
Moneybox
martinjsto
Bignuggs
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I'm Totally p*ssed Off - Page 3 Empty I'm Totally p*ssed Off

Post by Bignuggs Mon 17 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

As you have probably seen, I've got a laptop for sale.
Why ?  coz I bought a new one.  I won't mention the make but Microsoft and Google are going to get a kick in the ar*e.
so here I have a new laptop, paid $900 for the BEEP, it's loaded with Windows 8.1 (I hate it) and it's got the i7 core, 8GB ram, 1TB HDD and good InVidia graphics.
Good for running all the software and downloads we sometimes use in our hobby and then some more I load in.
I failed on one point, it doesn't have a dedicated CD/DVD player burner, I forgot to check.  Shame on me.
But here's the bit that pisses me right off.  you can't work offline, yep you heard it.
when you first start up, it forces you to switch on the BEEP WiFi and login with a Gmail account.  WTF
Do Microsoft & Google now control the PROSPECTING world.
Time for a beer before I burst a blood vessel and then this piece of shite new laptop is going back to the retailer.
QUESTION:  does anyone know if I can load my windows7 into this piece of crap to over ride the window 8.1  ????

I'll add some more.  it refuses to recognize ya Gmail password for about the first 6 attempts.  the new laptop has a numerical keypad and the MOTHER doesn't work unless you press the Num Lock key all the BEEP time for each number you want to enter.

Last edited by oneday on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added some more whingeing)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

I'm Totally p*ssed Off - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm Totally p*ssed Off

Post by Narrawa Sun 07 Dec 2014, 9:38 am

if the Pokki start menu was known to have issues, then why do they install it.
What issues.?? .

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:13 pm

http://support.pokki.com/customer/portal/questions/5121608-pokki-start-menu-not-working-on-windows-8
http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/i-cannot-pull-up-pokki-on-my-pc/1221.html
http://support.pokki.com/customer/portal/questions/6046279-start-menu-not-working

Lots more where that came from and it's the reason I had trouble with the laptop freezing up. But things are working fine now since I got rid of it.

I'm Totally p*ssed Off - Page 3 Captur10

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Sun 07 Dec 2014, 2:44 pm

Ok im picking up what your putting down now!!!....where in your posts did you mention this Pokki start menu/button thing...i must have missed that bit.?

Why do they install it you ask.???...probably because it was cheap to buy the license for umpteen squillion copies of windows PCs/Tablets come feken desktops. Laughing

So it doesn't work.??.....WTF do you want for nothing.I'm Totally p*ssed Off - Page 3 3179412840

I bet out of all that frustration, you learned something. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Mon 08 Dec 2014, 8:28 am

Cliff, the only thing microsoft pc's are good for is making hackintosh's, when you learn how to install the mac os on them.
then they work fine, without all the bullschit. I'm Totally p*ssed Off - Page 3 79175053
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by sandgroper Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:00 pm

Cliff, I have had an Acer laptop for a lot of years now, running XP pro, has never missed a beat, still runs like it was made by a Swiss watch craftsman.
sandgroper
sandgroper

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Wed 10 Dec 2014, 4:18 am

sandgroper wrote:Cliff, I have had an Acer laptop for a lot of years now,  running XP pro, has never missed a beat, still runs like it was made by a Swiss watch craftsman.

Yep, I'll second that. I'm Totally p*ssed Off - Page 3 3100332128

Matelot pirat

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 10 Dec 2014, 7:40 am

Hi ll,

For what it's worth, mine gets used everyday for the last four years and it is starting to show it's age

Keys A and 1 don't work so I have to use an onscreen keyboard for those

It won't let us use office anymore and wants us to buy a new office

And we had to put a new battery in it last year

Bit of a train wreck really,

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3