Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no ones secret spot is safe

+2
martinjsto
aussie18
6 posters

Go down

no ones secret spot is safe Empty no ones secret spot is safe

Post by aussie18 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:55 pm

as most of you are signed up on bill & udo's site just got there email and have come up with this gold tracker software. looks very interesting and will give a score on any locations for gold prospects in WA, scores will be given based on the current and past history on the location you choose and also on the geology, higher the score the better chance its gold bearing area. also it will provide more prospective area's close to the spot you choose from what I can gather.
not up and running yet and don't know the cost's involved but could be very handy tool for new and old in the game. Will take a lot off homework of ya shoulders, just hit tengraph look for pending or E leases and then hit the tracker and it will give you a idea what the potential is of the area your looking at.I'm looking forward to it as only been swinging a couple years and need all the bloody help I can get, I've signed up a account with it.
in saying that gold don't jump out of the ground and land in your jar, you still got to walk and know what your doing
cheers
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

no ones secret spot is safe Empty Re: no ones secret spot is safe

Post by martinjsto Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:52 pm

just got email too Jase, does look interesting and any amo helps out there. the pre register link doesn't work but. no worries, I may see them at the APLA meeting on Saturday if im not in the field l;wfh as i could go out for the weekend too, take a look at my deep signal in an old cemented river bed. hmmmmm. scratch
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

just another tool to use when trying new areas
the link worked earlier for me Martin, put me on there website and another link on the page.
that target in the river bed is calling your name mate, better then a crowded out APLA meeting I reckon
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:57 pm

What time are you picking me up Martin   no ones secret spot is safe 1632602647
And where are we going    eafgh
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

Sounds good Martin,I am just down the road from Cliff`s so if you can pick me up after that would be great.On the way back we can pop into your new place and have house warming.I`ll bring the beers.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 11 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

i promise to tell ya all after i have given it a serious go over. qwk;ec  the spot is amazingly close to town on a pending EL but also right next to a road. the ground is so hard and in old calcrete so i will be lucky to get down 600 mm or so its so cemented but the signal seems close as it is getting louder as i removed the few inches I could. just have to see what i can do in a weekend with pick and crowbar and an eager mate at my disposal and hope its not some old pan or other junk. dambit lwkgh QK;
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flanno Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:22 pm

The suspense is killing me Martin. Go and dig that bastard up right now so we can all see/sleep

flanno

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

looks like i will be without a machine whilst i await the delivery of the new gear. therefor no trip until next weekend if all goes well. sorry guys just got to wait. the suspense is killing me with nothing but digging dreams if and when i can sleep. as for gold tracker. i wonder where all the info comes from and therefor how accurate it is. if just from "claimed finds" then it could be not so helpful. the other data for the algorithms is available on geo view or geo maps. still another bit of ammo eh?
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm

Be nice if you can christen the new machine on this bit Martin.Might even pay for the detector.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:07 pm

not getting hopes up too much as i've found junk in somewhat similar circumstances. but boy it would be nice. kwdf the patch is worth going over with the sdc. may pay for the juice.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:08 pm

Martin, you can use my new portable jackhammer only if I'm attached to it at the time   no ones secret spot is safe 1472621687
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nato Sun 23 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

Lol a program that tells you were the gold is hahaha..... I'll tell you how I do it! First learn the old ways of looming then learn how to use ur metal detector then research the area then learn geology and how to read topography maps then learn how to find palio channels and high banks then get on the ground sample and go over the area with your detector then mark your finds on Google Earth cross reference them with the palio system and the topography system mark out the low pressure system get back on the ground sample with a pan (looking for your black sands) and clay and rock formations use your detector to find the shedding alluvial then put in a pow and bring in the bulldozer (phew)  people are lazy and expect a magic program to tell them were the gold is I can find more gold in 1 day just with a detector then a bloke with a bulldozer and a computer program! I think the question is how much do you want it?  How committed are you?  Coz there is no such thing as free gold just hard work and a little luck!

nato

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Sat 06 Dec 2014, 8:05 am

this program is up and running, I have cross checked it with area's I have found gold and seems to be close to spot on.
now time to try unknown spots to me with the detector in hand when I get the time
they have a $10 package and a $55 package, for those that don't understand fully what they are researching this could save you a lot off petrol money.
at least it's putting you onto gold bearing grounds, the rest is up to you
cheers
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 06 Dec 2014, 9:11 am

i have the $10 fossicking package to try it out Jase. I did a few searches of some good ground i recently found a small patch on and it placed a mark fairly close to where i was looking. over time i guess all these spots it will generate will be hammered but over the next few years i think it could be good thing and I think the software evolves as new data is available. the software uses algorithms and cross reference different data bases of know gold find areas, topology, geology, mindex ETC. one thing to note is that it doesnt discriminate between granted, pending or free ground, thats up to you to organise permissions to access if required and per usual. i reckon it will help but only to put you on a potential spot, you still have to cover the ground and put in the hrs.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Sat 06 Dec 2014, 12:23 pm

agree martin, potential area's is the key word
after spending most of the morning checking this program out I'd have to say it's not perfect.
some well known dryblowing spots was only giving a poor rating with no higher rated spots in the area.
another spot where I know gold had been found and has a high grade old shaft didn't have a rating within 2k's, and this rating was exceptional but was well off the line off past and present gold mines, as well as other spots where good nuggets have been found and they don't have a rating anywhere near them.
so yep my verdict is now not 100% convinced on the accuracy, but also what needs to be considered is the fact gold can travel many k's from the source
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down