Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X marks the spot

+12
boobook
Jonathan Porter
Nightjar
Flying kiwi
martinjsto
mulgadansa
Jack-Tar
aussie18
Bignuggs
K town swinger
Biggest Kev
albo
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

X marks the spot Empty X marks the spot

Post by albo Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:02 pm

il do the first  , just 1 spot im done with  ,good luck,
26  56  105 _  gabba ,meeka
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

X marks the spot Empty Re: X marks the spot

Post by Biggest Kev Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:26 am

Hey Albo, Gabanintha am I warm?
OK here's one I've found tiny bits and I got them all haha. Mt Magnet 28 07 54.954s
its in the blue, try anywhere in this area.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:37 pm

ARR [international pirates day yesterday .. forgot ]     on checking on my pssy post , realised the missing longitutude . since you were the only reply Kev il send you a pm when im back home Friday with my notes . cheers albo

Last edited by albo on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lat, long , stubbies , etc)
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

20 k's south meeka on left side of highway has been good for alot of tiddlers,don't go to far off the road,like the main drag in meeka, bitumen right over the top of good gold.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:42 pm

K town swinger wrote:20 k's south meeka on left side of highway has been good for alot of tiddlers,don't go to far off the road,like the main drag in meeka, bitumen right over the top of good gold.
K Town,

Is that spot still producing gold!!!! We were all over the quartz blow area that's visible from the road and the little tree grove at the bottom of dip years ago. There was gold everywhere. The whole area is part of the huge Nannine area. There's been good gold found for kms around there, right down to the lake and out to Bayleys Island (the same Bayley that found Coolgardei BTW). I ran the first (retail) SD2000 over that area way back in 1995 and what a time we had. Three ounces a day was about the average take. It was paradise. Half ouncers were common.

At the same time, that little patch on the left, going north to Meeka, real close to the road edge, there was guy of ethnic origins, German perhaps, running a ML 17000 and he was getting a handful a day of one and two grammers. After he left we went over it with the SD2000 and got,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing!! He came back two days later and started getting gold again!!

We could get the big deep stuff with the SD, which was PI, but we couldn't hear the small stuff. He had the 17000, which is a VLF machine and he could hear 'em. I've never had a sausage off that little roadside spot.

The track near the grove of trees is bottomless mud when it rains. I rode out a cyclone there one year. Everybody else ran for cover to Meeka caravan park. They couldn't get back in it it was so wet. I just waited for the rain to stop, (it was ENORMOUS rainfall), waded through the lake that surrounded my camper, got on the harder round and carried on picking up gold! There's a moral there,,,,,,,,,,,,

I haven't been around Meeka for a few years now. I wonder if my old patches maybe,,,,,perhaps,,,,,,,could be,,,,,,,NAH!!

Cat

Last edited by Caterpillar on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More text)

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sat 21 Sep 2013, 3:17 pm

G'day cat yeah was there 2 months back and managed a few but like i say all tiddlers now only cause you fellas cleaned out all the good stuff.As for your old patches they will be always worth another swing to clean up the smalls,just give me directions and i,ll let ya know how i go.Laughing 

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 4:41 pm

K town,

I

I'll have a look at Google Earth to get it more precise. I never did take a GPS mark on it as it was so easy to find,,,,,,,,just jump out the car as it went past the spot and you'd roll over it!

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:01 pm

Hmmm,,,,,,,,,,The Google Earth photos split just near there. The south satellite pic is terrible and I can't see much on that one. The north one, however may give us a clue as it's a lot clearer.

So try these:

Zone 50 635660E 7030025N.

There's well defined track running perpendicular off the bitumen, to the west. The patch is both sides of that track, north and south. If you hit the old haul road that runs parallel to the bitumen, the patch stops.

After that, follow that track downwards, through the boggy patch, near the little tree grove. Gold was found all through those trees and southwards across to the quartz blow about 100 mtrs away?? from memory to the WSW. There's a load of scrapings there as well.

I just hope I've given you the right track. From memory there's only two - one further along to the south that runs alongside the tree lined creek and the one above.

This is all WEST of the bitumen. But there's heaps of old patches around there, all been hammered, but well worth a try with 4500 or a 5000. I wish I could get a dozer on there, especially on the side where the lake is, on the track off the bitumen towards the old machineru shed of Ross Atkin's wet plant. Shheesshh, we had some gold out of that lot. Some huge, very pretty species in pure white quartz.

Good luck,

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:23 pm

Hi k town yep saw the first 300oz that was found on that run from a friend , the story goes like this .. 2 blokes on a saturday arvo cruising around doing stop start tecting close to town , coupla stubbies , regular type blokes that work all week when one says ,lets pis off home&watch the footy & see Tony Lockett kick his 1000 goal. Yep , but wev got 1/2 hour & I like this purple dirt that's come up on an old drill pile , lets give it 10mins. that was it , 30 secs later it was bigtime. new ground so close to town!
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

Gee zuz, sounds good to me.  show me the ground and TF tony lockett is gone  lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:18 am

Nice Albo i'm still chasing the big patch and i don't mind the old couple of stubbies in between detecting for patches.lweg 

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:06 pm

Same mate , same , you can work so hard at this game but it wont guarantee results , having said that these blokes were very experienced .... I still reckon its him on the front cover of the black gold n ghosts & david de h used to cart out his sis back in the dreamtime ..... groundhog tector days ,anway thatl be enough of that , he likes incognito & that's the way he rolls .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:55 am

Thanks for puting up some locations to have a swing on guys, will have a look next year as its starting to warm up and I've been told the flys are geting bad up there. Hey Albo I thought puting up half of the co ords was a good idea, more fun trying to pin point the spot.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

X marks the spot Empty RE: X marks the spot

Post by aussie18 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:45 pm

yes kev just spent a couple days in magnet and fly's were very thick.
my own fault though for not getting the horse bum crèam from reeds, bloody aerogard does nothing in the bush.
I got so wild at them I knocked the external speaker off swiping at them and broke the clip off, bugger:roll: 
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Tue 24 Sep 2013, 5:17 pm

You can buy that horse bum cream at Cue info centre for future reference. Wink

Still a bit of a drive from Meeka but it depends just how much the fly's are given you the sh#ts

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:01 pm

ha ha jack .. only half of the co ords were put on because I had a pssy mistake with visitors that night , not good management ,ok il try again , gabba 26.56.105
Nothing great , 2 oz specie & small bits ,but a large area from memory ,in between yaga & gabba in Laughing  wa lingo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:13 pm

Yag - Mt Yagahong

Gab - Gabanintha

Is there a prize?

Cta

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 02 Oct 2013, 9:51 pm

There's a prize for picking the spelling mistakes and "Cta" will give it to ya X marks the spot 3179412840 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

Well hopefully a prize for anyone that could be bothered , wouldn't rush out there especially, but probly usefull if it was in your itinerary if your passing that way ... anyhow OL Cat ,you must have one or 2 your done with to help the youngsters out.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:30 pm

Man, my stuffs that old, that Paddy Hannan's had a 5000 over it!!

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:32 am

Gday All
The spot Ktown describes "20km south of Mk" would be where the Bluebird mine is, Nannine is 20 miles south of Mk.
I was living in Mk from 1969 and detecting full time 79-85. That spot Cat talks about was a goodun. My mate and I built and ran a 100 tonne a day sluice at Nannine just before Atkins set his up.
There's hundreds of spots around Mk but they've all had a floggin over the last 30 odd years. Still gold to be found but. I go back there every year.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:42 am

With ya mulga dancer on all that but this is nth of that , was a new run & pushed by peter m & found by bob s ...all clear at Randwick, albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Sun 06 Oct 2013, 6:32 am

Gday Albo
Probably haven't been to that one then, as Moses hadn't started pushing when we were prospecting. Sargeant was out at Quinns then if I remember.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 06 Oct 2013, 9:05 am

Cheers there Bret y r onto it but, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

31 57' 26.2" S 115 52' 09"E

If ya can't find gold there, you will never find it  Very Happy 

It's Sunday  kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content