Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics

+5
salt-d
martinjsto
picknshovel
Banjo
Jon
9 posters

Go down

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics Empty ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 7:07 pm

goin out sunday to bring back to civilisation a derelict dry blower for some TLC and a major refit.

This poor old girl has ben sitting around for about 5 years and has suffered greatly by cyclones, white ants and assholes who cant help themselves with a rifle and have to shoot everything they see for the fun of it.

she'll need a new motor -conveyors-idlers-riffle trays-decks-bellows-and a new hopper just to name a few things.

But hey someone has to do it--its a part of history that everyone takes for granted...

So down to the workshop and hook up the car trailer and load up with straps and a extra winch or two to b sure and see if I can manage to bring it home.

maybe they will erect a museum in Ktown and i'll donate it along with my bulldozer once they are fixed and restored..

Thank god the mrs is still away..i'll surprise her when she gets home..

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics Empty Is it this one at Mossie Creek Ray

Post by Jon Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:28 pm

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P1180374_zps8958f92c
It needs a bit of TLC.

Cheers Jon.

Back to top Go down

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics Empty Re: ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 1:24 am

nah mate

its very similar but not as bad.

not far from ktown.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics Empty Re: ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics

Post by Banjo Sun 31 Aug 2014, 7:54 am

Sounds like a big project Ray, were the dry blowers typical commercial or diy jobs ? Just wondering if the one you are getting can be dated ?

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 8:01 am

I think it was a commercial one as its similar to the photo from Jon..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 7:39 am

well the first attempt to go get the DB was all too hard.

Flat tyre on the way out there--and thanks goes to the Army for lending me there jack.

When I attempted to winch the machine on my trailer it didn't want to play the game--shes a bit too heavy for my small car winch so I'm goin to weld a drawbar tongue onto the front of my troopy and use the big ass winch on the vehicle to scull drag it onto the trailer.--next weekend.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by picknshovel Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:15 am

where there's a will......... Wink

n how come u had to borra the army's jack?,  don't tell me you didn't...... Embarassed

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics 3179412840 ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics 3179412840
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 6:46 pm

nah they were just passing and offered to help an old man in distress--I offered a carton if they kept it quiet... lol!

all good now, the big ass winch is working and a new handle-on off switch fixed--- and a new tyre back on the front of the car.

the jack has found a permanent place in my troopy including the handle...

just got to weld a front mounted draw bar to the old girl and away I go again..

will have another go this weekend and will also take the kangaroo jack to be sure.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by picknshovel Fri 05 Sep 2014, 9:16 am

to be sure to be sure. lol!
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 7:05 pm

couple of pics from this intrepid prospector

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P8310037

yep it happens to the best of us...
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P8310038

she's a big bugger of a machine..
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P8310039

yep I did manage to get the conveyor section off..
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P8310040

see what happens this weekend.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:04 pm

a good old gas axe helps heaps dismantling these old machines. the bolts break anyway. big job ray but im sure you will get the old gal up and running and producing again

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Sat 06 Sep 2014, 6:45 pm

Got some work ahead of you there Oneday, should fill in a week or two.
Cheers
salt-d
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sat 06 Sep 2014, 9:04 pm

looks awesome Ray,,, some tlc, hard work and ingenuity and it will deliver the gold again,,,with perseverance it will rise again
happy dry blowing
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 12:10 pm

well finally got the old girl back home

another blown tyre and stuffed rim --so its back to the tyre shop for 2 new tyres and spares to b sure.

The riffle trays and deck are completely stuffed from the rain -- white ants and assholes that just go bush with a riffle to shoot anything of interest.

will post pics a bit later..still recovering from a 4 hour trip to cover 30 ks just to get home and overcome all the drama.

just need a decent yard in the LIA to work on it.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 3:23 pm

finally got it loaded--it took the hand winch on the trailer and me mates winch on the front of his troopy to get the old girl onto the trailer--I sure it weighs over 2 ton but it was certainly a challenge..
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P9060007

on the road again..well sort off..i wouldn't recommend these tyres and new fangalled rims--not suited to the bush roads..
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics IMG_1106

me mate hasn't mastered the art of cooking a chook in the camp oven--poor chook--told him to buy one ready cooked next time-
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics P9060002

strapped down and no were to go except home..we eventually got there.
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics IMG_1107

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Sun 07 Sep 2014, 3:28 pm

Great pics Ray.
So eating that chook would of been similar to this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spmqbs8YCW8

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 07 Sep 2014, 6:55 pm

looks like the one out the back of radio hill?
bit of TLC and she will rise again

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 7:29 pm

this one came from Mt Sholl area with permission to remove.

Took a bit of getting but we succeeded.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:21 pm

Oneday
Good to see a bit of history being given a new life

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 6:56 pm

just a few more--the deck will get revamped in Perth and new riffle trays will also grace this old girl again.
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics 023-3

a complete new deck will also get made
ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics 018-3

should make the season next year.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:54 am

Ray here is a challenge for you.
Old Dryblower at Pikes Hollow. The same old timer had set up a Mini Minor car using the engine and drive train via the front LH wheel to haul the skip out of his small decline mine. Will see if I can find photo.

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics Dryblower005

ressurrecting an old dry blower--pics Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:03 am

i dont mind a few challenges in life but that looks like a job for someone else who has a lot of time on there hands.

good of u to think of me..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down