Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC2300 volume

3 posters

Go down

SDC2300 volume Empty SDC2300 volume

Post by madmax800 Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm

I got to use this machine today and found a few things that need more clarification.

1) without headphones I found volume very low as I am a bit on the death side.
2) with headphones I still found targets noise was very low.
3) ran the coil over a tin can and it still didn't blow my ears out like the 5000 does un til you get about a foot away, then it goes into overload beep but still not half as load as the 5k
4) the headphone cable is a pain in the ass, meaning I had to slide both stems in so I could reach the coil when on the ground.
5) As I normally run with a 5000 I use the left edge of the coil to pinpoint but found the 230 0 had no sensitivity on that part of the coil, only in the centre.
6) with digging the target using a scoop you have to manoeuvre the coil to get it to lay flat on the ground so you could hear it when running the scoop fall of dirt over it as the edge would not pick up the target.
7) running the threshold on 1 meant no sound at all, on 2 it kept cutting in and out , on 3 it was too loud and the rest 4-9 sounded like 3.
Cool in 2 hours picked up 3 nuggets on the exact same are I spent all yesterday on so that's good.

Can users who have more experience on this machine please try to make sense out of 1-8 and explain what I am doing wrong.

Cheers

madmax800

madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

SDC2300 volume Empty Re: SDC2300 volume

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 4:04 am

SDC2300 volume

Post by madmax800 Yesterday at 10:02 pm

I got to use this machine today and found a few things that need more clarification.

1) without headphones I found volume very low as I am a bit on the death side. affraid 

When I tried out an sdc2300 at Reeds open day, one of the comments I made to the guy from Minelab was that I felt that the speaker was on the wrong side of the detector, if you were using it "right handed" the speaker faces away from you making it hard to hear, if you are using it "left handed" then the speaker is facing towards you which makes it a bit easier to hear, I said that I thought that maybe the speaker would have been better mounted at the top?

I also said to him that I felt that the volume level was a bit on the weak side, and that without headphones I would be hard pressed to hear the threshold level sound, particularly on a windy day.

Also the headphone socket is on the left "hand side", of the detector so if you are using it "right handed" its ok, (but also as there have been comments that the headphone cable is a bit short) so if you are using it left handed then the cable would be even shorter than that as it has to go underneath the detector wouldn't that make it even more awkward to use?

Did that comment make sense at all?

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Fri 01 Aug 2014, 8:02 pm

every thing you said I found to be correct.

Minelab need to bring out and adapter so we can plug in our normal headphones,
this should be then given FREE to every owner.

madmax800
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Fri 01 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm

madmax800 wrote:I got to use this machine today and found a few things that need more clarification.

1) without headphones I found volume very low as I am a bit on the death side.
2) with headphones I still found targets noise was very low.
3) ran the coil over a tin can and it still didn't blow my ears out like the 5000 does un til you get about a foot away, then it goes into overload beep  but still not half as load as the 5k
4) the headphone cable is a pain in the ass, meaning I had to slide both stems in so I could reach the coil when on the ground.
5) As I normally run with a 5000 I use the left edge of the coil to pinpoint but found the 230 0 had no sensitivity on that part of the coil, only in the centre.
6) with digging the target using a scoop you have to manoeuvre the  coil to get it to lay flat on the ground so you could hear it when running the scoop fall of dirt over it as the edge would not pick up the target.
7) running the threshold on 1 meant no sound at all, on 2 it kept cutting in and out , on 3 it was too loud and the rest 4-9 sounded like 3.
Cool in 2 hours picked up 3 nuggets on the exact same are I spent all yesterday on so that's good.

Can users who have more experience on this machine please try to make sense out of 1-8 and explain what I am doing wrong.

Cheers

madmax800

Giday John,
One of my big complaints was the poor placement of the speaker. It should be facing upright to suit left and right handed swinging !
I also found the audio in the headphones to be poor.
The headphone cable is about half a metre too short, but see my other post in " unbiased report " re a headphone / booster fix coming from Nenad Lonic.
The fact that you found 3 shows you are using it right !
Here's a pic of my results so far, 19 babies for 1.7 grams !
Cheers,
Rick

SDC2300 volume SDCGOLD_zps982fc64f
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Aug 2014, 2:07 am

I also commented about the style of plug socket for the headphones to the chap from Minelab, saying to him that because it has the water tight fitting for the supplied sdc2300 headphones, (Koss ur30's ?) or the optional waterproof sdc2300 headphones we would not be able to use our own headphones if we wanted to, as I prefer to use Koss td 80's, all he said was that no doubt someone would probably make an aftermarket adapter before long for it anyway.

By the sounds of it, there are going to be a few aftermarket things that people are going to be wanting to use with the sdc2300, one being an adapter cable, also an external speaker, and probably a good signal enhancer as well, here's a good opportunity for someone to start making these and flogging them on eBay and gumtree..

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieAU Sun 03 Aug 2014, 12:55 pm

G'day Rick

Yep, par for the course seems to be about 10 to the gram from what I have seen so far.

So about on average that's 300 odd bits to the ounce or 900 odd bits to pay for the machine.  Shocked 

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down