Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations.

4 posters

Go down

Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations. Empty Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations.

Post by decanfrost Tue 11 Mar 2014, 7:15 pm

Can someone shine a bit of light here please as to what the law is using a sluice box out bush.

I have a miners right and if the land is under Exploration would be applying for the 40e.

Does the small operated dryblowers and a small recirculating sluice come under the same deal????

I Know no motorised equipment allowed and feel this is the case with sluice.
decanfrost
decanfrost

Back to top Go down

Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations. Empty Re: Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations.

Post by rogawilco Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:19 am

Hi Decanfrost,
I just got off the phone after a lengthy phone convo with the enviro officer in the Kalgoorlie DMP office. I have a newly granted tenement I want to do some dry blowing on using a 12v blower like the one flying kiwi uses.
Jess the lady in the DMP offie told me that to use ANY motorised or mechanical device, even if your dry blower is a hand or foot operated bellows or a hand operated pump for your sluice it is still "mechanised". Which is a bugger as I was going to go with a 12v electric blower jobby. I have been told that to use any of this type of gear you WILL need to have an approved POW-P . You cannot use the gear even on vacant ground. "only" on a granted tenement. A POW-P last for four years, so Jess told me that if in future I want to do Scrape and Detect and use a Jackhammer aswell I will need a POW-P and may aswell include all in my first application to save doing it all again later. She agrees it a hassle but says its better to do this than plead ignorance and cop the wrath of the authorities. A POW-p should only take thirty days aprox to get through I am told.
Hope that sheds some light on it for you.

Hope ya dig up a few nice truffles this year bud.
RW

Last edited by rogawilco on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speling)
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations. Empty Re: Sluice Box/ Dryblower rules n/Regulations.

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:49 am

RW
Here is a twist for u.
u can exume 20 kgs of sample..bring it back to camp and put it through a crusher then your dry blower which u should set up at the right angle on the riffle hopper otherwise u will loose gold of the edge...then u can pan off or use a gold wheel or gold cube..
u r only sampling your concentrates to see whether gold is present in your loaming samples.

totally legal i would say.

further more filling in a POW-P isnt difficult it only becomes a drama when u bulldoze the vegetation and use water with a wet plant--thats when its a drama..

good luck.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:55 am

Oneday,
Yep cool.
That's the plan, Take some "samples" back to camp where I will have a POW and do it there, close to the comforts of camp set-up and coldies. Hope fully with the breeze blowin away from the tent etc. Bit of trial and error with the riffle box angle or ??? you got the numbers of degree for us ??

Last edited by rogawilco on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : speling)
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm

21° is very close Roger, Oneday will probably be able to give you a more recent example with all his dryblowing in past 12 months.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Fri 14 Mar 2014, 3:00 pm

cheers Nightjar,
I'll use that as a starting point, and mayde check the run-off occasionally to see if im getting it all, if any. Getting excited now about starting to use some new toys.

RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by decanfrost Mon 17 Mar 2014, 6:30 pm

Cheers guys for input all appreciated.
That payment should come through soon ray
decanfrost
decanfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by thedigger Sun 06 Apr 2014, 4:40 pm

A Pick shovel crowbar are mechanical device,bit like in NSW only allowed to take 5 grams a day.
Who makes these laws!!

thedigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down