Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold producing spots leonora

4 posters

Go down

gold producing spots leonora Empty gold producing spots leonora

Post by big chop Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

hi all i was doing some research about gold producing spots and patches in leonora.The first one that came to mind was the specking patch,and i tried to find the location but i couldn't does anyone know any
co ordinates or something that i could use to pin point where the patch is. And has anyone been to or know anything about the puzzle patches near leonora.
thanks for any info
cheers BC Very Happy

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

gold producing spots leonora Empty Re: gold producing spots leonora

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:43 pm

If the specking patch is the one I know, it's a little north out of town behind the hill and the locals will tell ya where it is. Its pretty much the tourist patch but it still gives up bits and pieces.
the puzzles I can't help with, I've never been to them.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:52 pm

cheers thanks bignuggs

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

from memory you go up the nambi road about 3-5kms.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by delapan Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:54 pm

yep up the nambi rd and will be hill on your left, turn next track to right and follow about 2km in, will see a saddle hill on your right up close, it stretchs from that saddle hill outwards, have fun, regards, gary
delapan
delapan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:05 pm

speccing patch is pretty crap, only area really worth looking near it is on an active lease. There is lots of good gold still around that area , but you need 20as though most of it , its not much without an active lease.

cheers

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:33 pm

Lochie

The puzzle mines - head nth outta leo and turn left onto the old agnew rd, go about 12 klm up there until you
see the Tarmoola Homestead gates on your right, if you see the old darlot rd on your right youve passed the gate by half a click, go into the Tarmoola stn and drive past the homestead on the nth track, that takes you to
the puzzle mine area, you will see a very lge hill on your right in the background thats all pure white qrtz.

Permission is needed

Lease owners info - http://www.stbarbara.com.au/our-operations/leonora/

gold producing spots leonora Mb10

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

cheers i got some good spots from Barnie or kudo from the old forum that point out patches etc
cheers i will use that letter draft you gave me
thanks lochie Very Happy

big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

gold producing spots leonora Empty Specking Patch is now "NO GO AREA"!

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

G'day,

I'm new here but I'm an experienced WA prospector of 30 odd years or so. I can reliably inform you that the main alluvial producing area of The Specking Patch changed ownership a few years back. It is no longer owned by people that didn't care about people going on there. The two main leases of this spot are owned by two different owners that are both currently bulldozing in the area and will be doing the same this season as well. I doubt they'll give you permission to prospect on there. Use Tengraph to find out who owns this particular ground, contact them and ask. I know who owns it, but if you don't know Tengraph, then it's probably best if you learned or stay away from the area. The station owner at Braemore keeps a watch on the area 'cos they're his mates that own The Specking Patch. Braemore Station is only across the road about 4 kms away. If you don't have permission to prospect on to a particular mining tenement, then the station owner can demand that you leave that tenement.

"Puzzle" - why bother, it's had more detectors over it than Heathrow Airport! Thrashed to death with more different coils than a nest of snakes. Get out into the Exploration Licences with the 20a system. That's where the new patches are, not on on ground that every tourist from Rottnest to NZ has been across. Areas such as "Puzzle" are only fit for bulldozing these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

That'll ruin the tourist trade a bit hahahahaha
No more speckin patch.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:59 pm

I had a lease out at Eucalyptus on yundamindra station.
There was a large open cut in the centre -however I didnt find much gold on there--I sure it was all deep.
Get a copy of gold and ghosts--still some good areas out there if u dare to be different.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 8:09 pm

yeah still some good points in leo ,

the sign says "all the gold is gone"

bollocks is it! quite a few el leases out there as well. The specci patch is f***ed , no point unless your pushing (which as stated they are lol).

dont need to go there , there are a number of pendings out this year which are WELL worth a look. no x marks the spot tho lol Wink

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:02 am

Catapillar

Hvent said welcome to the forum mate but now is have ay Razz

True cobber, grandad was a smart old prick, why run around chasin his undies for shity scraps
ay, get out and actually prospect instead of scroungin like a starvin buzzard, would ya rather
eat from a fresh kill or pick the bones ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:00 am

I reckon it depends what side of the fence your on.
If your a WA virgin like me,it would be good to spend a week checking out the Flogged ground. At least it gives me an idea of the ground type that good gold has come from,but if its all being Dozed,well that farks that idea. Evil or Very Mad .
No good running all over the place like a headless chook when you only have a few months to spare.
Virgin patches are great,but I will be happy with some scraps anyday.Besides,how many small runs of Good Gold have been missed close to the Major Towns or even Main rds? Plenty I bet!

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Tue 13 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

oneday69 wrote:I had a lease out at Eucalyptus on yundamindra station.
There was a large open cut in the centre -however I didnt find much gold on there--I sure it was all deep.
Get a copy of gold and ghosts--still some good areas out there if u dare to be different.

Regards
Oneday69

Hi Oneday69,
Take a look at Exterra Resources asx code EXC. They now own your old lease and yes the gold is deep out there. Mate it was me that sold you the lease so I hope you found something on it.
If you look back in their quarterly reports you can see how much they paid for it.
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down