Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leonora happenings

2 posters

Go down

Leonora happenings Empty Leonora happenings

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 5:56 pm

St Barbara Mining have suspended thier Detecting Permit system until further notice. From what I've heard, it may return but don't bank on it. So lotsa prospectors in town with nowhere to go as local small leaseholders have had enough as well. I've asked four people in two days to move on from my leases. One started to quote the Mining Act at me,,,,,,,,Miner's Right 'n all that etc,,,,,,,,,that was a mistake on his part,,,,,,,, Mad Upon which I exploded!!,,,,,,,I was having a bad day.

Still getting lotsa complaints from the pastoralists that people aren't notifying them of their presence on the lease. So they use every excuse to tell people to leave. It works apparently.

Navigator Mining are still functional with EM happening on parts of the leases.

Nobody finding much at all and everyone is proudly displaying their "zero point 3" nuggets in the van park.
The former station manager of Tarmoola,,,,,the terror of prospectors has moved on and is no longer on the Station. BUT,,,,,the new guy is one of the "Guardians Of the Land" (GOTLs) and is even worse but with a different "hang up". You've been warned.
St Barbara Mining losing ground because they are seeking extensions on PLs when they haven't spent a penny on the leases in the last 4 years! Good, it's about time the DMP clamped down on the companies that hold ground and do nothing with it.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Leonora happenings Empty Re: Leonora happenings

Post by Gold Diver Sun 19 May 2013, 7:24 pm

What a shame for those out there that do the correct thing. 40 e system is always an option.
A few phone calls, and a few manners never hurt anyone.

Cat, is it the locals doing the wrong thing? Or the annual caravan migration?
I always find that people just heading out for a week or 2 are tthe people who spend the time doing correct procedures.They spend the time during the year preparing, and concentrate on 1 or 2 areas. It is the transients that move around for long periods, without Internet access, or enough time to prepare just go wherever they want. (This is my personal observation, and can't be substantiated in any way).

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 7:30 pm

geez how hard to ring the land owner and tell em u r coming through or drop in and see them and leave a fresh loaf of bread and a newspaper--real hard I suppose.
if u r Riverrina Station --say hello to Don North and like wise..he'll tell u a story or 2 of prospecting--and a fine gentleman at that.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer Sun 19 May 2013, 8:49 pm

Yes I beseech all prospectors to get their permissions and notify stations (often via an answering machine this time of the year). Leonora like many spots used to be good. I am shocked how much rubbish is laying around within 10km of town and how many rip and detect and barely restore the ground operations there are. But that's progress and people have a right to do it. Sounds like It would be good advice for all prospectors in the van park to leave and head further north if you want to find more gold. If you fill up in Kal you don't even have to stop or spend 1 cent in the place.
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum