Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who said life is hard

+9
AnnieL
albo
Bignuggs
Hawk 51
Smash_it
purple-dragon
mark409
goldstrijk
pip 01
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

who said life is hard Empty who said life is hard

Post by pip 01 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:30 pm

who said life is hard  Very Happy 
life is as hard as you make it and only you
if you want your dreams to come true only you can do that
if you think money is everything, it will own your life
sit back and take a breath, before you lose your dreams
so get out there and do some detecting dont worry about
anything else. affraid 
pip
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

who said life is hard Empty who said life is hard

Post by goldstrijk Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:02 pm

I Like Haaha!!!

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

who said life is hard Empty Re: who said life is hard

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm

the trouble is pip that last year I must have spent the best part of 2 grand on fuel prospecting with mates and that came out of my sky rocket--unfortunately I usually detect by myself coz I take my own vehicle coz I like to do my own thing as it suites me and at the moment money does have a big influence on the manner in which this black duck has to do things.

some people are more fortunate than others and in my situation I am cash poor but asset rich and at the end of the day my assests will not pay my $4.1m mortgage--the bloody banks only want hard cash--

I suppose that is the reason some of us are still workin bloody hard to break the cycle--mind u I am getting there be it bloody slowly.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm

Pip
I agree wholly and solely with you ,I,ve been busting my guts last 8yrs FIFO , paying school fees, house,etc
Still a lot owing .But there comes a time ,
I,ve been wanting to do a winters detecting for ages ,This is my gap yr
Gonna suck it and see what happens.
Swing hard ,swing low, as Smash it would say.

cheers 
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:24 pm

You are living the dream Pip ,I try to get three weeks a year out there ,with amount of hours I do I can generate around seven weeks a year off so I'm lucky -and finding some yella every now and then is awesome but I reckon just being out there is a feeling that's hard to beat-I rarely take people with me but perhaps I should change my ways as a bit of banter and a few beers around the campfire at night sometimes make the trip-the trick is to find someone who you are confident can look after themselves as it seems to get more dangerous out there every year-or maybe that's me that causes all that scarey crap to happen -who knows lol-dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:27 pm

i know what your saying
house, kids, rates,and a dog and the list gos on and on
what about me time
dont get me wrong all that is great, love my kids and the
damn dog, but we keep puting a price on our life
is it really worth it
just do it
you never know whats around the hill maybe the big one
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:36 pm

Be a honour to share a beer with you one day Pip you sound like a very well grounded person-if you ever see a large black bike with that many detectors tied on it looks like a porcupine wave me over for a chat ,and we can bore each other to tears with wild tales of the outback and tall fishing tales -got lots of those-dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:45 pm

and i would love to have a cold one with you
and tales me too
injoy
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Smash_it Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm

You betchya Pip .

Good luck this year.

Ryan
Smash_it
Smash_it

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk 51 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 6:23 am

Follow your dreams while you have your health.You only get one shot at life so live it to the full.Money is good to have but good health is everything.Enjoy what you have and get out in the bush whenever you can.We are a lot better off than a lot of people in this world.

Hawk 51

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:38 pm

yes that is so true,we can live the way we want too here
but no silly bugger is going to knock on your door and say you have just
won a good life
i wish it was that smiple.
but you and only you can decide when to start living
my kids are happy and living thier life. and i start now  Very Happy Rolling Eyes
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 16 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

"Life is what you make it, always has been, always will be".  I've used it for my tag line.
It's a saying from a lady known as Grandma Moses or who's real name is Anna Mary Robertson Moses.  
Yes, life is what you make it, and it's up to the individual what they do with it.
Life is short, don't waste it.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Thu 16 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

hi cliff  Laughing 
you are so right
live for today whats that saying
grab the bull by its horns,bloody hell what do you do with them again
be good im am blonde  who said life is hard 729094268 lol
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 16 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm

mm , pip like the positive attitude , iv done it twice , sold up , waved the missuses good bye , living out of a ute unemployed & homeless in the quest for gold for 4 years or so in the bush , living off the coil , had some great runs & good chunks etc but its the hardest job iv ever had . Your time has come for it & after a while you will realise hot running water on tap is a luxury , after you have been punished enough of not much gold , tyres &fuel to buy , fringe dwelling / chasing gold is real hard yakka ..... but always hope you find the big one , or better still a good leader to peck away at for some time , cheers girly , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Sat 18 Jan 2014, 7:35 am

I'm definitely there at that stage of my life too, pip. Retired two years ago and travelling in my van - north for the winter, south for the summer.  Took up detecting about three years ago and have more time now.

Just returned from your lovely state of WA - Great Central Rd, Cape Keraudren, Marble Bar, Meekatharra, Nullagine - loved it.  Fully tally about 1.5 oz.  l;wfh 

This year going up to goldfields around Georgetown & Forsayth in Qld.  

I treat people how I would like to be treated which I find a simple code to follow.

Enjoy today guys & girls - it isn't called " the present" for nothing.  Very Happy 

Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:22 pm

Cheers Annie , my post wasn't meant to be negative , its only that iv seen some or many that have big expectations of finding gold with no back up & when the expenses start rolling up, not much gold is found, it ends in tears at best . check out the fringe dwellers that live round these gold towns doing it hard , living off the coil on a day to day basis , great freedom some say , but its not really , you are still a slave to pay the bills & you must keep at it . A great hobby or full time for the pensioners that have some back up each fortnight .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:58 am

Life is definitely what you make it for the most part, but unfortunately its the things that you have no control over that seem to trip you up, like bills, kids, exes, etc etc

In reality you need very little to survive in life but also that entirely depends what your expectations are, the problem is that some people think that you can live the dream and the life of a prospector but at the end of the day you have to lower your expectations about how your lifestyle will have to be to achieve that.

You cant expect to live the way you did in society when you were working full time, put simply you have to live within your means and if you are happy and content to do that then you might get there, but you will also need to unshackle yourself from the things that demand more than you can give and learn to go with the flow.

I know people that are millionaire's but don't have the quality of life that I have so I don't believe that its all about money or assets, but more about what you want and how you use what you have that will make you happy in life.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 1:56 pm

you are both so right, if i had to live on what i find out there well i would be skin and bones by now lol  pale and belive me im not big now so 4 weeks and i would be there, but if you do have someother help well you can have a good life out there too
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:35 am

pip 01 wrote:hi cliff  Laughing 
you are so right
live for today whats that saying
grab the bull by its horns,bloody hell what do you do with them again
be good im am blonde  who said life is hard 729094268 lol

lol!  don't let go of them horns...

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:39 am

albo wrote:mm , pip like the positive attitude , iv done it twice , sold up , waved the missuses good bye , living out of a ute unemployed & homeless in the quest for gold  for 4 years or so in the bush , living off the coil , had some great runs & good chunks etc but its the hardest job iv ever had . Your time has come for it & after a while you will realise hot running water on tap is a luxury , after you have been punished enough of not much gold , tyres &fuel to buy , fringe dwelling / chasing gold is real hard yakka ..... but always hope you find the big one , or better still a good leader to peck away at for some time , cheers girly , albo.

You must have had some great experiences going bush like that. It's good to see the experience didn't ruin detecting for you in the long term. Everything in moderation I think is a good rule of thumb. Cheers

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:47 pm

Greatest days of my life Au Hunter , some of the fringe dwelling prospectors in small permanent camps I came across are the most honest & real people iv met ....apart from 1 or 2 sniffed too much mercury id say.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:16 am

Sounds like great experience not many of us will get to enjoy. I think it will only be a few months stints for me at least till the kids are older. I imagine there would be some very nice people on the fringes as the simple life is a good one.

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:24 am

Spent most of my youth in the bush,most of my adult life in Defence forces
& now living the rest in retirement & always look forward travelling the outback when opportunity arises taking each day as it comes.
Someone once said: "If life brings you lemons then make lemonade & find someone whose life brings them vodka & have a party"!!!!!
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:26 am

ha ha
like that one lol
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 21 Jan 2014, 3:32 pm

life is what you make it, well I screwed that up the day I started work as a brickie some 25 years ago hahahaha.
yes a bit flippant with the cash in me younger years and a few screw ups here and there and all I see in front off me is a long hard road ahead with a body and mind that's had enough of the hard yards.
would love to sell up and start enjoying more time out scrub but I have a wife and kid that reins in my thoughts and ambitions, and they will always be no1 and I will always be way down on that scale hahaha. that's the way I was brought up look after the one's you love and well yourself just HTFU.
I will get there some day, I'm just impatient. maybe when I hit 50 yo I can start having some fun, that's if the body holds out that long, shite it's only another 10 years.
HTFU jase and grab a stubbie
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next