Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a few prospecting pictures

+3
Biggest Kev
nvchris
element111
7 posters

Go down

a few prospecting pictures Empty a few prospecting pictures

Post by element111 Thu 24 Oct 2013, 8:56 pm

this photo is of detecting an area in the Marlborough region in new Zealand three months ago before i moved to perth,16 grams detecting in a few hours

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1224

so we went back with the 2" back pack dredge to have a look in the river working under an exploration licence

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1226

and this is what was in the box after 4 hours(already picked the bigger bits out)

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1227

and the total for 4 hours dredging 15.5grams(theres a 5gram nugget on that matches box but it seems to be cut out)

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1230

time to take my 6" keene dredge in

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1229

the dredge working

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1231

starting a new hole(very dodgie dredging like this but had a bit of a feeling about this area as the bedrock runs right a cross the river then drops off to 2.5m deep when i am in the water any gold that runs down the river in flood stops here!!!! it worked at the other two spots like it Laughing )

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1316

this photo is my mate matias we went up to a new area with my gpx5000 and matias's gold bug both found gold we dug this hole following the bedrock down on our hands and knees and taking the material down to the river to put it though the 2" dredge's sluice

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1314

this is a picture of gold from a area in my mining permit in nz from 6 hours prospecting

a few prospecting pictures Dscf1315

element111

Back to top Go down

a few prospecting pictures Empty Re: a few prospecting pictures

Post by nvchris Fri 25 Oct 2013, 6:22 am

Thanks for sharing!
nvchris
nvchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:41 am

Welcome to West Aus,awesome story and pics Elements, nice gold and great scenery why would you want to leave it?

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:35 am

Some great pics there and looks like you would have left plenty behind! Sad 
Try that caper over here and you are on the inside looking out.Rolling Eyes 
Just shows what a progressive country NZ is compared to Australia. Cool 
With a mate we dredged in NSW using a 4" Keene in the early '80's. Not quite legal, but it was'nt illegal either. Rolling Eyes 
But Water Resources soon put a stop to it and anything using water (like sapphire, gold trommels) became very highly regulated. Settling ponds, sludge traps, you name it, all required under the "Act".Sad 
Hope the Gold God smiles on you over here:D 
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by element111 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

thanks everyone,there is plenty of gold in south island if you know where to look.i decided to just go on a mission and see where I end up as I can always go back to nz and dredge ect,dredging is so much fun in middle of summer when its 30 degrees out side and you are meters under the water steering at gold lol of the opposite when its -3, these photos were when matias and I spent the winter dredging and detecting on the weekends made a hot water system so its just like been in a warm bath all day (until you get out and you freeze so best to get a fire going at camp and a cupple of drinks asap lol),I just want to try my hand at detecting in WA I am looking at going for a drive to Kalgoorlie on Monday as I don't have work next week and see if I can find some area there I can detect for a day or so

element111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 2:07 pm

Great stuff E111 (or should we call you "Roentgenium"?)gpost 

Now... where did you say that spot in NZ was?Razz Razz Razz 

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by element111 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 2:17 pm

Check out mat brandl on youtube thats his channel (my mate matias that I do gold missions with)see what he found today 26/10/13

element111

Back to top Go down

Post by element111 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

I am going for a look around Kalgoorlie on Monday so If theres anyone in the area and wants to meet up for some yarns or a detect if I can find a area keen as,pm and I will send my number though

element111

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter Tue 29 Oct 2013, 6:17 am

Nice post. Looks like the grass is greener back there mate. Us Aussie lust after your dredges. HH

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 07 Dec 2013, 9:36 am

great place to pull gold element 111 , usually its hardship , hot as hell ,friggin eating flies ,repairing staked tyres & all associated sagas , cheers albo .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by GoLdEnG8s Sat 07 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

[quote="albo"]great place to pull gold element 111 , usually its hardship , hot as hell ,friggin eating flies ,repairing  staked  tyres & all associated sagas , cheers albo .[/quote]

And $120 Cartons Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Suspect Mad Mad Sad Sad 

G8s Very Happy
GoLdEnG8s
GoLdEnG8s

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:47 am

$120 cartons ... do home broos bro, czech pilsiner is my favourite , the water looks good for it in the pics , $ 16 per 24 litres if that's how it is , iv used plastic 1 litre coke bots with new plastic screw caps , ferment 6 days , bottle n store for 2 weeks , works a treat mate .
There were times when I was thirsty it never even made it to the bottle cheers 
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

i'd hate to see u and cliff make a home brew together--bugger me don't worry about the storage bottles it wont make it past the test glass out of the brew..

regards
oneday

ps nice gold mate and a mongrel setup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down