Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sign on Mining Lease

3 posters

Go down

Sign on Mining Lease Empty Sign on Mining Lease

Post by Paintar Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:35 pm

Hi All at DWAG
Would be interested in your comments on this sign regarding access to a mining lease, I was under the impression you were allowed to travel over a lease to get accesses to another lease, I have looked under the Mining Act on DMP website but hard to find the rules. Would imangine you would leave yourself open for litigation putting up a sign like this ???
Sign on Mining Lease 82340111
Paintar
Paintar

Back to top Go down

Sign on Mining Lease Empty Re: Sign on Mining Lease

Post by Bignuggs Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:48 pm

I'm no expert with the Laws, but I think this type of sign can be reported to DMP. But I won't swear on it.
I think it is there due to detectorists doing the wrong thing again and giving the rest of us a bad name.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:55 pm

just raise your concerns with the investigating officers at the dept MP in Perth.

take a photo with u and get the lease number coz they will ask u for all the info and they don't mind going for a ride.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm

Such a threatening sign should be reported to the DMP Investigative Branch in Kal and the WA Police. It's illegal and threatening. Under the WA Mining Act, you have ever right to access that track and drive across the tenement. There was a similar sign near Coolgardie a cuppla years back. It went something like "Trespassers shot, survivors prosecuted". The local police took a very dim view of that and the writer was in court over it. Not sure what the outcome was.

Go for it,

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Paintar Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:57 pm

Sometime tomorrow I will be in the DMP Office might just pop the question ??????
Paintar
Paintar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:07 pm

you might want to copy the photo and give it to them--trust me they will act on it.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:37 pm

A similar occurrence has happened to some friends of mine who had to go through a lease to gain access to their lease & found the track staked puncturing the vehicle tyres. There was no warning sign.
It was reported to the Police & DMP & I believe legal action has being taken against the person involved.
Section 20 & 40D of the WA Mining Act states that the holder of a Miner's Right may pass or repass over any land being pastoral or Crown in order to gain access to any other Crown land for the purpose of conducting activities allowed under a Miner's Right. Where the land is private then permission must be obtained.
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down