Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region

+3
red devil
pilbarachad
Bignuggs
7 posters

Go down

Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region  Empty Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:19 pm

I think Sandy is asking 500k plus stock cost in store at time of purchase ie fuel and food in store. 

I think this is cheap as the block of land in town that is next to the roadhouse is vacant and is for sale for 500k plus with nothing on it.....

So think about it and do the sum ...... it may be a good business for someone that loves to prospect as well with family. Plus they are tarring the entire stretch of road  from newman to the otherside of headland as a alternative route for traffic to broome etc.

So you get a business ie Roadhouse fuel and food store the only one in town and Post office and Atm and small coffee shop area all for 500k plus living premises as well plus garage etc.

Contact Sandy Nullagine Roadhouse if interested

Back to top Go down

Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region  Empty Re: Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

Reason for selling they are nearing 70 old and wish to retire now.

Back to top Go down

Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region  Empty Re: Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

there u go cliff--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 16 Jun 2013, 2:56 pm

I'll buy it tomorrow  Razz  does it also have a bar   kwdf

Breakfast menu = Kilkenny and cornflakes for Albo  Nullagine Roadhouse for sale - work and detect in goldfields WA Pilbara Region  3179412840

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 3:17 pm

The pub is 30 seconds away and is know for its Kellogs and Kilkenny breakfast specials also has a cereal and tomato sauce one as well a big hit at the moment i have heard. Also the  pub after the friday arvo happy hour specials do the NUGGET DANCE out on the main street. 

Dampiers dead and Karratha is stagnating and getting smaller and smaller and Port Hedland everyone is leaving.

NULLAGINE is the new Broome of the desert an oasis in the west now. 

Buy now before the real rush begins.

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 16 Jun 2013, 4:15 pm

I thought the guy that ran the store was the business owner??? I remember him a couple of years ago telling me he was trying to get the freehold for the place aswell- I guess that didn't happen.

Anyway over the last few years ive been going there the place has been going downhill- you used to be able to get a hot lunch there, that was until the pub poached there cook and there is barely anything on the shelfs there anymore- the place is literally three quarters empty. I don't even bother going in there now- I go around the corner to the little general store that's attached to the pub.

Im sure with a little effort the place could easily be turned around. As for the roads being sealed well I wouldn't hold my breath, im sure it will happen but who knows when?? It would definitely be a good buy for someone who wanted the quiet life and plenty of time for prospecting though:D
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 16 Jun 2013, 4:38 pm

I guess it's a chance ya take.  I was looking at the Lavo servo a while back but it wasn't worth the asking price.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil Sun 16 Jun 2013, 5:17 pm

When i was there last year the shelves were bare only post office and fuel .

red
red devil
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer Sun 16 Jun 2013, 5:54 pm

Yeah the store next to the pub is going really well, Fresh vegies and plenty of frozen roo tails and chickens. The owners of the roadhouse had to come back after the mob leasing it got into big strife with the locals. The fuel company lost faith and would not deliver fuel last year and someone had to step in and get pods of fuel delivered and get another shop up and running. The town and the community could not survive without fuel and food. If it ever comes to that state again hopefully the government will step in and assist someone to open shop and sell fuel and food.

Re the roadhouse. If you took it on it would take some hard work to win back the good will of locals if the roadhouse shop got up and running again.
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Sun 16 Jun 2013, 6:17 pm

Dave and Sandy are back. Shelves are restocked. Both are well liked in town and wont take long for everyone to flock back. Store next to the pub is great as well. What you cant get at the Roadhouse you will get at the Pub store.
Was up there in March and had could only buy unleaded in a jerry can pumped out of a 44. Last week evrything back up to scratch.
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 16 Jun 2013, 8:39 pm

Its good to hear the roadhouse is being run a bit better now. I knew of the issues with the fuel and the tension with the locals and always thought it wouldn't be long until the previous guy left town- just hadn't realised it had all happened in the short time since I had been there last.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:15 am

thanks biggnugs  ref to the killkenny breaky ,up at the big mine atm night shift &they take a dim view of that behaviour.... knocked off & had the mandatory  7 kenneys  without cornflakes anyways .

Now as for the nullavines petteroll station , my mate  ol Gaz used to stand in  caretaker   when Dave, the house beaten hubby & Sandy the tough old chook & him used to take off for  leave now  n  then   .... any how quite an entertaining outfit it is .... some of the locals  would come in from PUNMU or THAT ONE COTTON CREEK COMMUNITY  & pull in the drarvway & say ..... hey maat , I need some of that wind for mar  tyyyyres , goin flat  n a baddery for mar  ardomadic moda car mate ..... no disrespect , they are so funny the desert people.

anyways it would be a good thing depending on the status of the commodity price , iv seen the Nullagine in the flat times & now its peaked  ,  ... only my thoughts   ..... the bonus is you may get the Nullagine handshake at the pub ha ha  , ask the locals about that one , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:41 am

The previous people that worked there were " " and caused a bit of trouble and let the place really run down and ripped Sandy &  Dave off big time. They have come back and re-built the good relationship again. But as some are saying some damage has been done faith wise for a while. But all is back to normal at the Roadhouse. So hopefully the good word will spread.

Last edited by martinjsto on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just in case... nuthing personal.)

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:54 am

Jeez rodger yool really get the do-gooder tutt tutt brigade ignited on that one mate ... are you implying the " " people fcked it up or what .ha ha   ... um just sayin ....

Last edited by martinjsto on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just in case nuthing personal again)
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 7:28 pm

yep-if I was 20 years younger I reckon I would have a go at the roadhouse but truthfully--i'm over dealing with the public at my age..especially those that expect u 2 b open 7 days a week--been there done that..never again...time to die gracefully--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 18 Jun 2013, 9:25 am

YOOL be right Ray , cant croak yet mate , must be lots of yella to be found for ya yet & get yourself a new pup , thatl lift the spirits , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 18 Jun 2013, 9:49 am

hey Roger after reading my post next day my comments  were a bit smart ar*e , iv had drinks with Sandy & Dave & they are great people,  but really, all anyone has to do there is supply stuff properly as that roadhouse has  the monopoly , no matter who owns it  . Nullagine is a seasonal town but , the inflow of prospectors  in winter is large , but in  the summer months it does slow to a trickle. cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Thu 28 Nov 2013, 5:50 pm

Was in the Nullagine roadhouse today, and wow the place really has had a massive change since the original owners have come back- the place is fully stocked now, clean and the locals are going back there now aswell. Had a bit of a chin wag with the owners, who are a lovely couple by the way, and they are still trying to sell the place. They mentioned to me how much the business was taking in and ive got to say that I was astonished- could be a really good buy for someone.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm

Lemme see now. The last time I was in Nullagine and I'm thinking hard here, was about twelve years ago when I had a PL west of the Bartons stamper. Back then, Dave 'n Sandy were still having a few weeks off each year to go on things like the QE2 etc. Business musta been good. But they were always on about getting out "soon". So maybe they still have a good thing going but 500K is a bit steep for my way of thinking.

I recall the day we went into the Conglomerate pub and the whole ceiling was gone, ripped out and no electricity so they had huge spots and floodlights illuminating the interior. We had wires hanging all over us and had to fight to get to the bar - no draught, bottled only - which was being cooled in ice from the roadhouse. But the burgers were the best we've ever had in the bush (with one exception).

We never did find much around the area though and I reckon the roadhouse would take up so much of yer time ya wouldn't have much time for bippin'. Other than the banks of creeks, the ground is very shallow around Nullagine and it's not really a pushing area. I dropped the PL years ago after a heated chat with a ganja smoking, piss-artist local. That was the first time I ever got lost all night and slept in the ute till daylight! Not a bad story but another time perhaps.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:15 pm

A couple of years ago they were also asking 500K for the Lavo servo, stock was extra.
The stock was only fit for the tip.  
I really think the asking price for some of these places is in their "Dream Time".

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 8:07 am

Hi All,

You can buy 3 shopfronts in Cue in the one deal for $65,000 extra if you want to by the transportables out the back, but talking about roadhouses they can have massive turnovers with the fuel they sell

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Fri 29 Nov 2013, 2:12 pm

I was in Nullagine in around May this year and Sandy spoke to me about the "losses" they incurred leasing it out.  Fuel ran out at one time and now it seems the owner of the Conglomerate, who also owns the store next door to the pub, has now put in a fuel bowser (wasn't operating yet when I was there) so they may end up with some competition.

The roadhouse has the PO but I think they lost the Commonwealth Bank agency but there was an ATM inside.

Word is the mining company with the lease (Millenium, I think) have drilled into a promising area over the back of Nullagine.  If it is good as the local talk says there could be a bit of a boom in the area.

Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 02 Dec 2013, 1:45 pm

Great little town Annie it is , the Friday winter pub sessions were the best time of my life , gold is getting harder there nowadays tho ,they tell me , but each year someone comes up trumps . albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 03 Dec 2013, 3:59 pm

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Lemme see now. The last time I was in Nullagine and I'm thinking hard here, was about twelve years ago when I had a PL west of the Bartons stamper. Back then, Dave 'n Sandy were still having a few weeks off each year to go on things like the QE2 etc. Business musta been good. But they were always on about getting out "soon". So maybe they still have a good thing going but 500K is a bit steep for my way of thinking.

I recall the day we went into the Conglomerate pub and the whole ceiling was gone, ripped out and no electricity so they had huge spots and floodlights illuminating the interior. We had wires hanging all over us and had to fight to get to the bar - no draught, bottled only - which was being cooled in ice from the roadhouse. But the burgers were the best we've ever had in the bush (with one exception).

We never did find much around the area though and I reckon the roadhouse would take up so much of yer time ya wouldn't have much time for bippin'. Other than the banks of creeks, the ground is very shallow around Nullagine and it's not really a pushing area. I dropped the PL years ago after a heated chat with a ganja smoking, piss-artist local. That was the first time I ever got lost all night and slept in the ute till daylight! Not a bad story but another time perhaps.

Cat [sound like PETER the Welshman cat ] cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down