Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whim Creek Pub to be restored and reopened by about july this year

+4
Nightjar
rogawilco
albo
rocklobster
8 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Whim Creek Pub to be restored and reopened by about july this year Empty Re: Whim Creek Pub to be restored and reopened by about july this year

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 3:25 pm

Thats good news, its an Oasis.
Raymond did you dig deep and get in on this.
 drunken 

Back to top Go down

Whim Creek Pub to be restored and reopened by about july this year Empty Re: Whim Creek Pub to be restored and reopened by about july this year

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 4:15 pm

no mate not for me--but i did enjoy having a break up there and the weekends were very popular as well.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:18 pm

yep saw it on the news , saying some aboriginal crew will staff it as well , if its done properly ,il be good ,albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 7:08 am

that section of road gets hammered by the dog patrol everyday so u wouldn't want to consume more than 2 mid-strength beers and maybe throw in a pie just to be sure..

the air con bill plus the refrigeration power bill for chillers and freezers and then throw in the wages bill not to mention the insurance cover and mate u r really pushing the barrel.

I hope it can be sustained coz its a nice place to enjoy when u just want to get away, then theres the fishing and crabbing at Bella Bella.

good luck

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by rogawilco Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:54 pm

Yep, Kumarina must be still open cause the road through there is closed due to flooding and the roadhouse is full house at the moment according to the owner.
Newman to Meeka and Wiluna to Meeka roads closed.
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:26 pm

and we haven't had a drop of rain.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm

The goldfields are off to a very wet start in 2014:
Marble Bar - 232 mm
Meekatharra - 126 mm
Wiluna - 100 mm
Cue - 43 mm
Leinster - 105 mm
Leonora - 171 mm
Laverton - 44 mm
Kalgoorlie - 186 mm

Bad luck Oneday no need for anyone to wash your back.
Karratha - 2.8 mm

Last edited by Nightjar on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Ray's patch.)
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm

that 2.8mm must have been at the airport coz it didn't rain at home.

I cant believe how much rain they have had inland..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Thu 23 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm

oneday monday wrote:and we haven't had a drop of rain.

regards
oneday

We had a fair bit here just up the road, led to a couple very busy,long days at work for me unfortunately.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Feb 2014, 6:29 am

not much activity at the pub yet--maybe waiting for cyclone season to pass--April start..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by krazycaptain Mon 03 Feb 2014, 7:21 am

I worked for Straits Resources in Borneo, they bought the pub years ago so that they could accomodate their employees.

Remember going up that way in the early 80's to go prospecting.
It was too hot so we returned to the pub for a couple and a couple more playing throwing the bull ring and seeing who coulsd get it on the hook.

Many a good day was spent there so looking forward to it reopening again.
Cheers
Captain
krazycaptain
krazycaptain

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Mon 03 Feb 2014, 10:42 am

Can remember visiting that pub back in 76/77 , that bull ring on the hook game gave me a bad headache, well, I think it was the game, it couldn't have been the beer..... the beer was cold and the company great.

Woteva

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:36 am

Same here Woteva, never realised is was the bull ring.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by krazycaptain Mon 03 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm

Yes a great game and many a sore head.
Remember on one occassion a mate and myself had had enough then planned to head to Hedland for a pizza.
On the approach to hedland we could now see lights decided we had not seen Marble bar so headed there instead.
On approaching for some stupid reason decided to keep driving to Nullangine, slept on the bank of a creek then in the morning awoke and cooked breaky.
Plate was on a lean, cracked an egg and it fell off then proceeded to do it again.
Mind came together and we packed up and started on our way. Funny memories of those great days.
krazycaptain
krazycaptain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down