Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halls Creek

+2
Bignuggs
martinjsto
6 posters

Go down

Halls Creek Empty Halls Creek

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:38 am

Hi All,
i am looking at heading to halls creek, has anyone of late found gold above 4 grams in a single nugget. It sounds like all the finds are quite small.Like to hear of any members with any decent size finds.

cheers
Greg

Back to top Go down

Halls Creek Empty Re: Halls Creek

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:18 pm

Well maybe i have said the wrong thing here, sorry. A lot of members looked at this thread and either didn't won't to comment or are careful to not comment.
It is just a hope that there is some gold above 2g still being found.
Please also help as to which coil would be sweet there over all.
many Thanks
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 11 Jul 2016, 6:25 pm

welcome to the forum greg, im assuming you are running a GPX. the elite 11 inch or 14 inch coil is a great addition to your arsenal. i have not detected up there but i hear a GPZ will kick butt and there is no reason you wont get bigger bits just detect new ground as any ground that is well known would probably only have small gold left. sorry i cannot help with much more info
cheers and good luck
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

Hi Greg,

check out GPA's vids on youtube, they have done tours around Halls Creek and it will give you an idea of what you are likely to find.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO9AVSDvL46LDuS5lKCBwDg

cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 2:56 am

Thanks fella's , i have just checked out GPAs videos, interesting how the glory holes are formed up there and some contain multi ozs. Decaying greenstone seems to be the indicator on the ground there .
anyway thanks again
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:38 am

Big species were found at the golden hole, old lamboo stn when they pushed it i heard 100 oz or so . 4km nth of new lamboo my biggest was 8 oz gold in a cricket ball size, the best gold finds i know of up there came in small reef rich leaders, jacob lederer at mt dockerill once told me & he found a couple
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 15 Jul 2016, 10:09 am

Almost forgot , try sophie downs station to the north , a place only known to the locals called mt slinky, the biggest i found was a30 grammer there but watch out for death adders they are everywhere particularly under the snappy gums round small creeks , nearly stood on 2 with thongs on ,allways wear boots& in the end i bought gum boots & cut the feet part off for gators, you need them.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Fri 15 Jul 2016, 8:01 pm

albo wrote:Almost forgot , try sophie downs station to the north , a place only known to the locals called mt slinky, the biggest i found was a30 grammer there but watch out for death adders they are everywhere particularly under the snappy gums round small creeks , nearly stood on 2 with thongs on ,allways wear boots& in the end i bought gum boots & cut the feet part off for gators, you need them.

So you walked about with gumboots with no feet in them? May have just stuck to the thongs Razz Razz Razz Razz
IsmaelJ
IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:34 am

Thank you Ismael , yes you are a funny one, MATE.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:39 am

IsmaelJ wrote:
albo wrote:watch out for death adders they are everywhere particularly under the snappy gums round small creeks , nearly stood on 2 with thongs on ,allways wear boots& in the end i bought gum boots & cut the feet part off for gators, you need them.

So you walked about with gumboots with no feet in them? May have just stuck to the thongs Razz Razz Razz Razz

No Ismael, two of the death adders were wearing thongs...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:51 am

Thanks nightgar, now ismael il bury the hatchet we dont want any bad blood on this forum, i was prickly about your nasty comments you made about me on finders forum years ago & i wasnt even a member of it, il let it go ok but if you reread what you posted & realise it to be untrue & delete it , i would appreciate it
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

albo wrote:Thanks nightgar, now ismael il bury the hatchet we dont want any bad blood on this forum, i was prickly about your nasty comments you made about me on finders forum years ago & i wasnt even a member of it, il let it go ok but if you reread what you posted & realise it to be untrue & delete it , i would appreciate it

Well that's a new one to me you will have to send me the link as I haven't frequented that forum for years... I am not sure who you really are as well. I apologise in advance. Are you sure it was me I can't remember ever having a disagreement with anyone and voicing my opinions of it on a forum unless it was to do with Doug and his crowd or the occasional spat with JP and the deceased Chris Hake. Other than that I have absolutely no memory of any other person that I have had any words with, especially from Geraldton. I very seldom have attacked anyone on a personal basis and especially if you wasn't a member of the forum that could have posted something...

As I said send me a PM with the link and if possible I can see what I can do...

As for the above it was supposed to be a joke and nothing else...
IsmaelJ
IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Mon 18 Jul 2016, 2:46 pm

Hi again, I just spent the last 2.5 hours going through every post of mine on Finders and cannot find any post where I mentioned someone that I was not replying to their messages.... So you will have to give me a heads up....
IsmaelJ
IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:43 am

Ismael it was on the frenchmans patch thread & about your conversation with stickman , now we wont bore people on about it , iv since heard you are a reasonable bloke , & id like to forget it, kingy was who i was refered about, no worries i know the facts. Cheers ismael.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:54 am

Ps i hope you post here more often as i hear you are a full bottle on the electronic side of detecting & thats rare , cheers again & appologies if i bit your head off
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:12 am

Back to halls creek , jeez mate i said wear boots , cut the feet off gumboots slide em on for gators , are your ears painted on or what Bluddy electronic people no idea mate
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:43 am

albo wrote:Ismael it was on the frenchmans patch thread & about your conversation with stickman , now we wont bore people on about it , iv since heard you are a reasonable bloke , & id like to forget it, kingy was who i was refered about, no worries i know the facts. Cheers ismael.

Hi Albo, I know the thread but never said anything bad about anyone only repeating what I had been told. That is so long ago and as mentioned it was gossip anyway. No problems glad it is sorted as I was more than a little disturbed as I try never to argue with anyone unless in a response to something they said.

Anyway for those interested in what I said this is the post in question just to verify that I did not say anything intentionally bad about anyone. I am acquainted with some of the "king" mob such as Wayne in Kalgoorlie who often chats with me.. Also it is mute now and I don't like to revamp a story when one of the named is now deceased namely "Kingy" may he rest in peace.

Frenchman's Patch
IsmaelJ
IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 21 Jul 2016, 8:52 pm

No worries i am none of those king attachments & yes i picked up 140 oz on the east side of Alan the frenchmans freshly pegged , not approved lease & se showed respect & didnt touch his area ,he camped happily with us & had beers dinner after his return from NZ holiday
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 21 Jul 2016, 9:09 pm

Worthy of a mention & lets not forget it all was discovered by an early fencer 1960 s who specked a nugget , not sure of its size , old ted shaw Mooloogool stn passed on the info to many& al the frenchman got lucky & good luck to himer
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:08 am

For what its worth Albo I think your gumboot idea is brilliant-I dig the midwest and the mulgas out there are big and mean-I normally wear full gumboots in summer but end up sploshing around in my own sweat by mid morning-sawn off gumbys above my hiking boots sounds the go as normal leggings annoy the hell out of me-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down