Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nullagine for a week

+2
pilbarachad
albo
6 posters

Go down

Nullagine for a week Empty Nullagine for a week

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

Finally got some time of and caught up with a couple of mates at Nullagine--we fished around at Mozzie creek and Cooks with a quick dabble about 30ks out of town..
Only got 10 grams but overall we had over an ounce and counting coz I left them to it.
Just befor I left one of the boys came back with 9 pieces and they were both heading out there today to find the source..
The creek crossings were a trap for young players and finally the roadhouse has got diesel fuel--

Took the quad--and I dont care what anyone says--its worth its weight in color just for the ease that it got me around-and I traversed ground that i would never have walked over in all the years that I have left in me..look for the right ground and have a swing---

The trailer stood the test of time but will make up a set of jerry can holders either side of the quad and bolt them to the sides of the trailer to stop the buggers sliding around--when I am finished just unbolt the holders and I have a normal trailer back again..80Litres of diesel and 80 litres of water plus 20 litres of unleaded.

I will get rid of the deep cycle battery thats in the back of the ute --past its useby date--and replace with a new one..gel battery was recommended--

there is a shit load of road trains on the road 24 hours a day so just be carefull if u venture on the hedland to marble bar road--and dont forget about the cows and bulls and calfs..

The Nullagine hotel had a very good spread of seafood on for tea saturday night--well worth it..the manager wasnt a bad lookin sort just quietly..theres a new barmaid there as of tuesday--

have fun and be carefull out there.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Nullagine for a week Empty Nullagine for a week

Post by albo Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

Thanks for the post , German joe is over & doing the mossie area. Word is he jagged an 11 ouncer on his 3rd day in. kissed on the Dick by a fairy is Joe. albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Nullagine for a week Empty Re: Nullagine for a week

Post by pilbarachad Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:17 pm

Good to hear you had a bit of luck mate. Ive been in and out of nullagine a few times in the last couple of weeks myself. Glad to hear the servo has got fuel now, dont know if you heard the story behind it but a lot of the locals werent real happy about not having fuel in town. Evil or Very Mad

I know what you mean about the manager aswell Wink

From what ive been hearing the finds this season have been few and far between, also seems to be a lot less people coming and those that are, are hanging around for shorter periods, definately getting harder and harder to pull a decent amount of gold.

pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:48 pm

i agree ray quad bikes are a good idea there are some tight tracks that we couldn't get the car so throw so we will take the quad bike because you can get to tight places easy and to go distances i couldn't be bothered walking. Embarassed
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

Thats it young fella--dont listen to any crap that they r a waste of time and u have to walk to find gold coz u can take the quad there befor any other bastard gets there befor u..especially when u have to walk over ground that doesnt cut the grass then u cream it and yell and screem and get all excited when u do get a nice patch--trust me it happens..
Thats why todays detectors are too bloody good coz we are cleaning out patches like never befor that were all easy to get too..
mine is a 4x4--nothin less--with a big ass tool box on the rear carrier..

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 19 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

Reckon the same. Bought a 400 4wd a while back & is good for checking the surrounding area quickly specialy if its hot, detect the morning & ride about in the arvo when it gets warm .albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:05 am

Tread carefully around the skirt in the pub Fellas. When I was there last year she was shacked up with the local sergeant. Big bastard too! (The sarge I mean).
Regards Roger pirat

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

ye quads are the go!!
dont worry about those 400's get a fuel injected 800 4x4 and get there shit loads quicker.
oh bye the way wear a skid lid those red rocks are hard!!
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by craigant Mon 09 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

ahh that new bar maid was cute. Monica from Astonia if i remember.

craigant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down