Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truly Amazing

3 posters

Go down

Truly Amazing Empty Truly Amazing

Post by Bignuggs Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:00 pm

Nice to see taxpayers dollars are being well spent but I wish they would tell me something new.

Crust faults lead to gold findings: study

• June 14, 2013 1:43PM

FIND a fault in the earth's crust and you could find some gold, West Australian researchers say.

After studying the St Ives Goldfields in WA, researchers concluded small-scale fault systems had a strong correlation with the location of gold.
The research revealed all major gold deposits were controlled by faults, but small systems were more likely to lead to gold than larger ones.
CSIRO researcher Carsten Laukamp said the relationship between fault systems and gold traces was crucial to understanding the creation of gold and could be used to help find other commodities.
"Determining the spatial relationship between geological features such as fault lines, and gold traces, is not only important to understand how deposits form, it can also guide mineral exploration because we can use this information to develop predictive mineral maps," he said.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Truly Amazing Empty Re: Truly Amazing

Post by Flying kiwi Fri 14 Jun 2013, 5:17 pm

wow!!!jkihyigjkihyigjkihyig:study:

bugger now everone is going to look for gold along fault lines had them to myself up till now  Sad

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

it really makes me wonder at times what the experts are doing. 
When I read that article this morning, I nearly fell off my chair and almost used some dirty words.  Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 14 Jun 2013, 9:06 pm

sssshhhhhhh, maybe just the 3 of us know, might have to lock this thread up Bignuggs, or better still delete it
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down