Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Battery

4 posters

Go down

Best Battery Empty Best Battery

Post by batedbreath Mon 21 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

Hi all
Has anyone had experience with the battery's they have for sale on eBay for the GP and GPX they are from a Business called Detectormods They cost $160.00 The info below is from eBay. The Battery Kit to suit SD-GP Minelab pulse induction metal detectors contains
-
1 x Battery Packs
1 x Charger Pack
1 x Mains Adapter
1 x Car Adapter
1 x Battery Cover
2 x Velcro strip
-
The Battery Packs typically last for 6-7 hours depending on conditions, ie, Detector settings and Coil size.
The Packs velcro to the side of the detector to allow you to detach yourself from the unit much easier than with the harness and larger battery setup.
each unit weighs 300grams
-
we also have available
small powered speakers, which can be attached to the detector.
solar pannel kits, for charging on the go.
an extensive range of upgrades for all Minelab SD,GP and GPX detectors.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

batedbreath

Back to top Go down

Best Battery Empty Re: Best Battery

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

Forget that bloke.

Get in touch with Ismael Jones. He makes a ripper unit. He's a member here.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by batedbreath Mon 21 Jan 2013, 7:58 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the info Does he have a webpage i can order from and what is the price of his battery's?

cheers

batedbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 6:40 am

Here ya go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by batedbreath Tue 22 Jan 2013, 7:46 am

Cheers mate appreciate it

batedbreath

Back to top Go down

Best Battery Empty Modifications

Post by batedbreath Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:29 pm

Hi
Thanks for the info on the battery, As some of you would know when you can only afford a detector like the GP300 you tend to look for anything that can improve the capability's of what you have to give you a better chance of obtaining the illustrious large nugget.
After looking at a lot of websites and reading lots of opinions i came across a site that claim that they can make remarkable changes to the GP series of detectors bringing them up on level with the GPX series of detectors, so before any money leaves my hands, could any of you with experience in this lane give advice or if you have had modifications done by this business or anyone else is it worth the money to have it done for the improvements that you received? the web page is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheers
Derek

batedbreath

Back to top Go down

Best Battery Empty RE: best battery

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

g'day derek and welcome to the forum.
read the web-sites and the mag's and these mods sound great.
but i think the general feel with the pro guy's on here are there a waste off $.
i'm not that clued up mate, but be patient and someone will point you in the right direction.
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Mate don't let anyone BS ya into thinking they can rev up any model detector so it's as good or better than a 5k, it's all BS.
Been in the trade a good few years in the past and one thing i can tell you is that ALL dealers
will shy away from a modded Minelab should ya wish to trade up.
Reason is - They cant confidently give a warranty with them when sold on as they don't know what
the Blokes have diddled with inside.
Also once the Mod is done Minelab won't service it ever again except to rip out the Mod.

Best to just get a Li-Ion battery system and dont use oversize DD coils to try get rich quick,
Try using a 11" ML Mono or a 14x9 Mono and stick with that until your own detecting skills
come up to par Wink

Pete

Back to top Go down

Best Battery Empty All good

Post by batedbreath Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:14 pm

Thanks mate don't worry will be doing what you said to do, but i still wonder how these people can still be operating if it is all so bad, did you go to the website if not i would appreciate it if you did would just like to know about what they are claiming as i am new to all this.

Thanks again

batedbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

When you ask Ismael about the battery, ask him about these mods and why he doesn't do them now.
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by batedbreath Wed 23 Jan 2013, 7:35 pm

emailed him a couple of days ago not got back to me yet

batedbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Sun 03 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

i used a battery from detectormods, and it fried my old gp extreme,i wouldnt touch his stuff ever again!!!!!

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:01 pm

Hey mate,

I got a couple of those batteries of Ebay for my GP extreme. They are light and seem to last all day, in fact ive never had one go dead on me whilst detecting. However i have had some issues:
-The glue that holds the battery together came apart after a couple of uses, i just wrapped some tape around it,
-The velcro strips they give you to stick to the side of your tecta are useless, the heat up here (pilbara) just melts the adhesive,
-The charger has little plastic lugs that keep the battery hard against it for charging, mine broke so i have to have the battery and charger placed precisely to work,
-One of my 2 batteries is starting to play up, sounds like a loose connection to me.

My mate bought the same batteries and has had similar issues and problems with charging his batteries, he never seems to get more than a few hours out of them! I was always pedantic about fully charging them after every use and then giving them a quick charge the day before heading out again and i didnt have those problems.

I personally will probably look at different options for my next battery purchase.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down