Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Do You Do With Detector Battery?

3 posters

Go down

What Do You Do With Detector Battery? Empty What Do You Do With Detector Battery?

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 06 Dec 2013, 6:28 am

Hi Guys,
Just curious as to what you guys do with your detector battery while its not in use, I wont be using my detector now until end of March early April 2014 so should I fully charge it then leave it until then or charge it once a month, what do you guys do with your battery to keep it in top condition when not in use for long periods?

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do With Detector Battery? Empty Re: What Do You Do With Detector Battery?

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 6:44 am

just pull it out once a month and charge it up. onced charged put it away in a cool place.

if u have 2 batteries mark the batteries A & B or whatever and that way u will be covered.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do With Detector Battery? Empty Re: What Do You Do With Detector Battery?

Post by Nightjar Fri 06 Dec 2013, 7:21 am

Box of tricks from back of ute is stored in my shed over the off season connected to a spare battery which is connected to a trickle solar panel.
Ever month or so I flick the regulator switch and charge all five batteries. 2 X Minelab, 2 X Rino & 1 X Lucky Lark.
There is also a USB port to charge laptop or mobile.
When we head off for a trip it is bolted on back of ute and a panel on the roof of ute keeps the charge up to the battery or a solenoid switch to charge from alternator if the clouds rolls in.
A 120W fold up panel can also be plugged into the anderson plug (shown in photo) to boost charge while we are away from vehicle swinging.
If the heavens open up and we get really desperate to keep the fridges etc going the genny plugs into a battery charger.
So while we are away apart from the equipment already mentioned this compact unit looks after a 39L Engel running as a freezer and an 80L Combo Engel.

What Do You Do With Detector Battery? 0cbf69e3-21c6-42f9-ae7d-ac85aba842a2

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat 07 Dec 2013, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:49 pm

Thanks guys, once a month on the charger it is. Good setup you got there Nightjar cripes have you tried hooking it up to a metal chair haha Laughing 
Thanks again guys.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:00 pm

hhaahah Kev,

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:09 pm

now there is a serious charge station. nice work peter. I like the portability.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down