Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When To Tune Detector?

2 posters

Go down

When To Tune Detector? Empty When To Tune Detector?

Post by Biggest Kev Sun 11 Nov 2012, 6:35 pm

Hi Guys,
I've seen guys turn off their detectors whilst digging targets and turn detector back on to check the hole this might go on several times before the target is located, the question is should you tune the detector each time you turn the detector on?

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

When To Tune Detector? Empty Re: When To Tune Detector?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 7:52 pm

Yes & No Kev Wink

For starters why even keep powering off ya machine between each dig and test beep, totally no need and wears out stuff quicker.
Just leave it running and swing the coil out the way while swinging the pick.
As to repetitive Tuning/Ground balancing everytime the machine is re started on a single dig, The only time this needs to be done is when the soil profile keeps changing in layers and the GB goes out a tad.
Sometimes those wide groany signals can be a deep hot spot and not a true target, and thats when a GB as you go down will save digging.

A lot of operators forget that the GPX is a digital machine, and holds your previously used settings in its memory (inc GB) until next boot up just like a computer.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:42 am

I agree with Pete.
Leave it turned on, and only tune it if you get some interference.
Ground balance as necessary.

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:57 am

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I always leave my detector turned on whilst digging targets just saw guys on video clips turning their detectors off, I always thought that if you turn the machine off (GP3000) it would have to be tuned again once turned back on. Reason for my question if I turn my detector off while having a break I can turn it back on and carry on swinging, GB as needed.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:15 am

the best thing about the b&z booster just have to flick the switch and don't have to put up with the detector humming in your ears when digging the target. eveytime i pick the detector up when digging the hole, if the signal is getting louder after each dig i don't bother GB. it's when i'm not 100% sure about the signal i'll GB on my throw out then check the hole, then if the signal is gone i know it was GN.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down