Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GROUND BALANCING---

+4
Bignuggs
Someday
big chop
Flakmagnet
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GROUND BALANCING--- - Page 2 Empty GROUND BALANCING---

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just want to find out from anyone who may noticed a difference when they ground balance there machines 25mm of the ground at a stand still befor releasing the button compared to sitting the coil on the ground and then releasing the button..

I have started to leave the coil on the ground and then release the button...personally havent noticed any change..mind u the ground has plenty of small rocks on it compared to a sand pitch..

My machine settles down and I'm away again..

Mind u didnt find gold in the last 2 days but did find a piece saturday.

Feed back most welcome..

regards

Oneday69

Back to top Go down

GROUND BALANCING--- - Page 2 Empty Re: GROUND BALANCING---

Post by mark409 Tue 14 Jan 2014, 6:35 pm

Just came across this ,good info,, thanks boys.
I cracked up after all the comments .
I reckon a few drinks were had ,while this was being written. GROUND BALANCING--- - Page 2 3179412840 cheers 
A good read
Mark409
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:13 am

The higher you GB off the ground, the more your going to need to keep it up as you walk from that spot.
The lower the less you'll need to re balance. (ground conditions pending)
The higher you GB the more sensitive the detector will be to the ground when you bump it. Lower has less of an effect. All this changes no matter what as the ground changes and that may be within only a few feet. But, the higher the GB off the ground the more noticeable this will be. If your unable to GB right to the ground its most probably the gain being a tad to high.
Higher off the ground gives a more positive effect meaning as the coil comes in contact with the ground or is moved closer to the ground the detector sounds off. To test it, simply GB much higher like about 4-5" above the ground. From this height you could GB over some really nasty ground with a max gain, but its pointless.

Very low pumps as close as ya can will give better results, remember the detector is trying to get rid of as much ground noise as it can......not much point if the coil is to high above the ground. How high is too high.??....you be the judge. Also remember that other settings have a major impact on the GB and its ability to to let through information that maybe trying to get a signal to the coil, but the ground signal due to an incorrect or over gained bunch of settings hears only the ground noise. Better to GB with a low gain and ramp it up so that your able to GB virtually on the ground to start with.
A nugget thats on the edge of detection will more than likely be heard using a lower gain than a higher gain due to the ground noise trying to hide it with almost an equal level in signal....a tad too high and the name on the nugget changes rapidly to that of another as you pass by. Very Happy 
Consequently though, those same higher settings may in fact be just right for a pocket of ground only meters away where the ground is less noisy and the lower settings, may lead to the a deeper nugget changing its name to yours and not mine. scratch 
Its all a "balancing act"...<--- had to toss that in. GROUND BALANCING--- - Page 2 3179412840 

Just some of my waffle from what iv found....not new news by any means, just a memory jog.
Narrawa
Narrawa

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:33 am

thanks narrawa for that info, makes understanding g/b so much easier.
the 5k instruction book can be very vague on some issues or maybe its
just me .. thanks again ..ron.

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:48 am

Narrawa is right, its a balancing act, every time the ground changes or you start to get random signals that are not repeatable then re balance. i have had to do it in some areas sometimes every 5 minutes or so due to the changing mineralisation. other areas your good for hrs. as mentioned above, continuously tweak your settings, if your in a quiet area then bump it up stablity to where it becomes unstable and then back it off a tad. same with gain, try a lower frequency etc, you get the idea, the settings are only good for the ground you have tuned and balanced for are stepping on at the time.
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2