Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground

Go down

Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground Empty Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground

Post by Goldbait Thu 08 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Ok. so i'm out at this property today... where i have been before.

i get word that several nuggets have come out of the area. so i hit the area with an 18" coil, then the 6x8" then the 11".

ground is about 6 inches deep to a clay layer.

the 18" round NF mono coil was used first, found what i thought were some targets. so i marked the area and went back with the 6x8".

6x8" was just unworkable in this terrain. ground was too hot.

the 11" was the quietest, no doubt about it, but damn. I would be swinging over quiet ground, get a really nice target, but only manage to find some friggen hot ground. Sounded so good too.

Would i be best running the 11" DD coil over this ground.

Oh, and to give u an idea... on the really bad stuff. i was running the 11" on enhance, gain at 7, stab 8. Fine gold just wouldn't ground balance. and i was still picking up hot ground.

any help.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground Empty Re: Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Jase,I wouldn't bother running the DD on the 5000 after Pete's reports, by the sound of your settings you were on the money, but found heps of them pesky clay domes, not much that you can do about them other than ground balance on your 'target' to see what happens....quite often a clay dome will not balance out either. Best thing to do is notch it down to experience!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:57 pm

Jase

You should be able to get ya 5000 running smooth with all them coils, and fine gold should run smoother than
Enhance.

Here's a thing to ponder over, when using multiple sized coils all on the same day my prefered method is to
always do a factory re-set when the coil change goes down, its a bit like gettin into ya car, good startup routine
is seatbelt mirrors scratch nuts etc, it just makes sure that one little setting isnt outta whack and it also trains
you ear to get to know your machine better for different ground types.

There is no way regardless of how shity the ground is that you should have to run a mono below
factory pre sets,plain truth of doin that is you will be running a GP3500.
Dont be afraid to slam the stab down to 4 or 5 with the gain on 14, next time you head up that way try these
settings out.

Do factory re set 1st Wink

Front Door
--------------
Gen
Special = fine gold
Fixed
Mono

Back Door
--------------
Volume to suit ya
Gain = 14
Stab = 4-6
Motion = V/Slow
Audio = Normal, boost will make it jittery on hot dirt
Trackin = med, even though running in fixed, you will get a more precise GB
Signal = 17

Leave all other settings in Factory pre set...

When doin ya GB only lift the coil up n down 1 - 5 cm

Crazy Pete :.8:

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Thu 08 Dec 2011, 8:09 pm

i think that was it. i didn't change my motion speed to v/slow. i left it at slow. in the past i have experimented with v/slow and it is extremely stable. i prob should have done that.

as for factory preset. i don't like that as i lose all my settings. lol. the ones i have, have never let me down everywhere else i have detected. i always just adjusted teh gain/stab to suit the conditions.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:00 pm

just doin that sounds to easy but it can also be a deadly pitfall for not gettin the full whack
outta ya tool Razz

Razz Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground 452991977 Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground 452991977

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:03 pm

not to have a sick mind or anything... and i know this is a detector forum and thread.

but after reading your above post and looking at your signature. i can't help but take your comments the wrong way .

Razz
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 10:07 pm

Dirty pr1ck hahaha Razz Razz

he's whistleing not doin Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground 2225825816 what you think Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground 452991977 Hot Ground. God damn, hot ground 452991977 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:41 am

Crazy pete wrote:
When doin ya GB only lift the coil up n down 1 - 5 cm
Crazy Pete :.8:

And keep the coil as close to the ground as possible.
When your threshold sounds as smoooth as it's going to get, whilst still holding the quicktrack button down, lower the coil as close to the ground as you can and hold that position for 3-5 seconds. Still holding that position, release the button and again hold for 3-5 seconds.

Works for me every time.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down