Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro, a interesting badge find.

4 posters

Go down

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro,  a interesting badge find. Empty Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro, a interesting badge find.

Post by Jack Sat 21 Apr 2012, 2:17 am

Was out and about trying to find gold, none found today. but did enjoy the new location a lot, least now i digging holes! okay found 2 belt buckles that are large maybe horse buckle and a cool badge 8 inches down. Now you trying google to find out the age on a Australia badge, impossible. But the shafts dated around 1897 going by the book i just read.

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro,  a interesting badge find. DSC04012

Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro,  a interesting badge find. Empty Re: Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro, a interesting badge find.

Post by Bignuggs Sat 21 Apr 2012, 12:20 pm

Hi Jack,
the Australia badge looks like 2 that I have from my fathers army uniform. you will probably find they are AIF shoulder badges and they are made of copper. do they have 2 eyelets on the other side ?

cheers
Cliff

Last edited by Bignuggs on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : /)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro,  a interesting badge find. Empty Re: Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro, a interesting badge find.

Post by Jack Sat 21 Apr 2012, 12:54 pm

also found 2 buckles up the hill a bit, maybe 200 metres from that badge and yep badge has two eyelets on the back.

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro,  a interesting badge find. DSC04014
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop Sat 21 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

wow awesome finds nice vid as well.

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sat 21 Apr 2012, 3:49 pm

those buckles look like there off sadles or harnesses
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Out detecting coolgardie with AT Pro,  a interesting badge find. Empty saddles

Post by Jack Sat 21 Apr 2012, 4:22 pm

snapper wrote:those buckles look like there off sadles or harnesses
only a few people i know would have a buckle that big on them, Santa being the first one that comes to mind.
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down