Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer

+11
goldpan
gcause
Panther
big chop
tricky
boobook
the speciman
Bignuggs
Someday
shorty
Zap
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer - Page 2 Empty prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer

Post by Guest Wed 28 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

you certainly want to take everyday as a winner.
6 months ago we are in the bush enjoying what we like best then u turn around and hes being zapped with full on Chemo and Radiation.

his days of prospecting have certainly come to a halt but u never ever give up...

his experience is held in high regard with those that know him personally yet he never had the patience to join any forums that I know of at least.

U certainly never ever crossed my mate coz he would have blown u away with with the 38 smith and western sittin beside him in his car,--When I first seen it beside him I thought my day was up --but all good...I'm still here...

So you people out there that reckon u have got it hard spare a thought...I reckon me mate will swap positions any time..

Time for a bit of reflection and appreciate how lucky we really are..

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer - Page 2 Empty Re: prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer

Post by tricky Sun 20 May 2012, 5:56 pm

gday guys. i am back after 5 weeks in hospital where they removed parts of my stomach, intestine, bile duct, gall bladder, along with 2 tumours and 9 lymph nodes. they believe that they got it all so it looks like there will be a lot more nuggets with my name on them to be found when i recover. to chris and june thanks for the help and support you gave me before going in. and chris you were right, the last few weeks have been hell after being weaned off the morphien. i have been blessed with the most beautiful supportive family and friends who have made sure everything at home has been looked after until i can get back to it and look forward to seeing all of your finds.

tricky

Back to top Go down

prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer - Page 2 Empty Re: prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012, 6:45 pm

Hi tricky

Life is short and after reading what they have taken out of u Tricky then u certainly will have to get back out there oneday and replace what the doctors have taken with nice pieces of Aussie gold. As with gold -once removed they dont grow back.

good luck mate and always think positive--I personally cant stand the negative shit from anyone in work or play..I'm getting old like the majority and have enough aliments of my own to overcome. I find it hard to get out in the bush but thats no excuse cos I still get out there.

This weekend was no exception-Bloody good company--gold was found -- and a bloody hugh metorite that lit the southern sky for about a minute. U wouldnt be dead for quids.

As for the comments about the THC and Black Salve I have past those comments on.

With the black salve I understand u have to be off chemo for at least 6 weeks befor u can give it a go.

Regards

oneday69

Back to top Go down

prospector havin a hard time tryin to beat cancer - Page 2 Empty Relay for life - cancer council.

Post by MorryLorry Sun 20 May 2012, 8:50 pm

Hey guys,

Its strange how the most horrible of topics is so unifying. This is a great community.

Missus ol' lady suffered a few years back, and its sucks. Hangs over ya life a black cloud.

Cancer council were really good with her. Each year we do the relay for life (24hr walk/run - be nice to do a 24hr prospect - heck I'd give it a go). Great crowd, food, knowing you're not alone.

Thanks for sharing what is often a private thing. Went to the skin-check last month and glad I did... Face the fear.

MorryLorry

MorryLorry

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Mon 21 May 2012, 9:38 pm

Hi Dick, Great to see you are well enough, you are often in our thoughts, we are glad we were able to help you through the process. We are heading off on Friday for three months detecting and hope you can get out detecting soon its a great form of therapy.
Regards Chris and June
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonkalong Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm

Start drinking the Scaevola Spinescens, bush medicine.
Read the book Wajarri Wisdom by Estelle Leyland.
Lots of good results but must stick with it
My Sister In Law was diagnosed last week so I sent her some that I just dried. Nothing to lose and its natural.
Best of luck

Tonkalong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

Thanks tonkalong
Me mate has given up on chemo--after 8 months I dont think it was workin--he certainly has an uphill battle--to me he is great company and an experienced prospector with tales to boot that is worth the heritage factor alone..he can tell you all the good stories and the ones when his so called mates ripped him off--ask him if u can trust everyone u associate with and he'll tell u straight...well thats another story.

I will see if I can find that book and send it down to him--maybe put in a couple of girly magazines to recycle his blood as well..

And u reckon we have it tough some times--no comparison.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 26 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

Hi Tricky , Shorty & rest. Just a short note on the subject. The bloke next lease over from me at the time meeka north came over & said , well wel" have our last beer together as i have numerous brain tumours , but one particularly large one which they will remove & i dont expect to be back. After a few drinks & dinner , i farewelled him off he went next morning to Perth. So along comes easter following year & in comes Pete S. New car, flash new prospecting missus & lookin fit as. Pete , what happened i said. Well, i got on to anti inflamatry drugs for an other problem & it shrunk the tumours. All im saying is never give up & try different stuff. Best wishes to you, albo.

Last edited by albo on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : yea spelling as usal .. more rum)
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2