Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil

4 posters

Go down

Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil Empty Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil

Post by hippyty Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:51 pm

Just doing some bush mechanics on my gpZ coil as I sent it off to minelab due to poor signal quality, falsing and knocking when you pushed on the bottom off the coil.
Unfortunately minelab don’t repair coils and believe the coils fine.

After removing the coil cover first thing I noticed was the grub screws were alll loose and the graphite shielding had worn, a simple dab off hot glue would have stopped the screws coming loose considering all the knocking these coils cop, as for the shielding more rubber stoppers would have keeped the base plate away from it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Enjoy looking
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil Empty Re: Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil

Post by martinjsto Wed 19 Jun 2019, 8:30 pm

thanks Ty, ive just sent my 14 inch coiltek elite coli back for repairs as the strengthener ribs to the lid are cracking at each corner. they said a bad batch of plastic was used and are fixing it free so good service from Trevor and the boys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil Empty Re: Ever wondered what inside gpz14in coil

Post by hippyty Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:05 pm

Geez looks nasty Martin, I would just have to be around the corner that Coiltek or the like to release something for the gpz.
I gave it I light coat of graphite powder mixed with watered down pva masking tape over the top and a few rubber stoppers to keep base plate away if it doesn’t work,Spoz I got a $1100 patch cable
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 29 Jun 2019, 8:20 am

Coils for the GPZ are already available.

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Sat 29 Jun 2019, 5:26 pm

Hi Nightjar, are you referring to the Russian x coils, I’ve read about but can’t find who sells them.
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 29 Jun 2019, 7:55 pm

Hello Ty, Have sent message to Davsgold (Facebook)

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Sat 29 Jun 2019, 8:34 pm

Cheers sounds like there good result with them.
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Sat 29 Jun 2019, 9:10 pm

Cheers sounds like there good result with them.
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 30 Jun 2019, 7:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can contact Dave at this address and discuss X coils.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Sun 30 Jun 2019, 9:06 pm

Cheers mate, I’ll see how my patch up goes, if no good I’ll be keen to give these a go
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon 01 Jul 2019, 8:17 am

Ty, Recent trip we caught up with Dave, he called me over to a target he had found, his GPZ fitted with 12"?? 'X' coil was signalling loud and clear. Not a peep out of mine with original 14" coil.
That says something.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 25 Jul 2019, 9:42 pm

martinjsto wrote:thanks Ty, ive just sent my 14 inch coiltek elite coli back for repairs as the strengthener ribs to the lid are cracking at each corner. they said a bad batch of plastic was used and are fixing it free so good service from Trevor and the boys.

My 14" Elite has cracked the same. I've seen the same on an 11" Elite that I borrowed so I thought that was just the usual with these coils. Mine actually came apart so that you could see the inside. That was a couple of years back and when I messaged Coiltek on their website and got no response I glued it up with plumber's PVC solvent cement. It parted again a couple of weeks ago so I gave it another generous splash of PVC cement and it's been much quieter since.

All the stickers have gone as well so if you didn't know coils you wouldn't know what it was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down