Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replacing side panels inside--

4 posters

Go down

replacing side panels inside-- Empty replacing side panels inside--

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm

the 2 rear doors of the troopy r in need of a make over so I thought why not utilise the area a bit more adventurously.
currently they have 2 9" speakers cut into them so the thought of putting a table on the RHS is a no brainer I thought.
What I do with the other side is another brain spurt that hasn't occurred to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is the RHS waiting for a suggestion or simply leave it alone.

so till next time folks keep watching.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

replacing side panels inside-- Empty Re: replacing side panels inside--

Post by Banjo Sun 26 Oct 2014, 9:30 pm

Toothbrush holder, comb and a pop up mirror on the lefthand side ?

I'm doing the same on the drivers side, already have the carpeted 3mm ply card fitted but will have a drop down chequer plate table, seen some with cut outs to drop a dish into and use as a sink. Probably no reason why you couldn't have it so it drops down and then hinge a section to fold over to the right and have adjustable legs that unfold over to the right again and use that as the table or sink depending on how you set your hose up from the tank, if you could use a commercially available tap with retracting hose would be cool
something like this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:42 am

used a 1.6mm checker ALI plate for the panels-

it tidy's the rear end up and adds a sparkle to the door. put a strip of silicon around the perimeter of the panel to mininise dust and rattles.

now to find a couple of speaker boxes or will have to make some to mount on the roof or back pillar of the old girl.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 6:56 pm

went to Autopro and they had some 6x9" boxes so grabed a set for $55 and mounted them in the back of the troopy but this time they are bolted to the roof..

a couple of bolts drilled through each speaker box and all done with a couple of bolts-washers and nyloc nuts so they don't vibrate loose.

so long as u don't mind drilling into yah roof then its a very good fix.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Thu 30 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm

pics or ban affraid

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 7:44 pm

HE'S AN IDEA FOR SOME OF U MOD HEADS..u can pick this up on ebay--but b warned they do cut of vision on the RHS Pillar.

Left hand side speaker at the rear

and the RHS speaker--remember they are triangular shaped boxes holding the speakers.

rewired them and bugger me dead they worked--I do surprise meself every now and then.

enjoy

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm

good to see the troopy coming along ray. might get a set of those pillar gauge to replace my dash mounted ones, after last trip I need to replace the battery tray as it broke and I cannot clamp the battery down now, also the radiator cowling jammed into the fan but luckily only damage to the cowling, then the turbo map sensor hose split requiring a roadside repair to get home so into the carport for a bit of TLC she goes. all part and parcel of detecting.
should be beaut when she's finished.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Oct 2014, 6:50 am

about time u brought a Toyota martin..and if u haven't got baggage then a troopy is the way to go--a no brainer really--a couple of spotties-uhf radio-long range tanks-water tank-cupboards-dual spare tyre rack-roof rack- just to name a few ideas.

don't get a computerised unit either--that way u can easily fix without too much drama.

not a friend of Mitsubishi--they make very unreliable motors--in car-trucks and H/equipment--had a few bad runs--just my opinion.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 31 Oct 2014, 11:47 am

great vehicle the troopy Ray and I wouldn't go around knocking any ones car as vehicle selection is about many things. i had a mitsubishi pajero 4d56t for over 11 years Ray and my dad had the same car for 13 yrs b4 passing to me, she had 680000 b4 trading, motors are motors and if well serviced and looked after and the crap removed or modded they will do 600k plus as mine all have. its the plastic in these newer vehicles like the NS and the 100, 200 series that fail. plastic tray for a battery mount was destine to fail and will be replaced with steel same as rad cowling and all unneeded plastic bits will be removed. got a roof rack, spotties, easy. UHF soon to be fitted. i will make a spare tyre carrier later next year, have a water tank in the Jayco pop up. I also like that once I set up the van i am free to take the vehicle exploring. more the issue ray is the tyres are 17 inch so not so easy to source in the bush. i will stick to the extremely comfortable ride of my Mitsubishi, have you tried to drive on the corrugations in the troopy with someone with back issues? my wife has spina bifida and there is no way she could sit in a toyota for hrs on end on the road never mind off road even with modded seats as we have tried a few times now, horses for courses ray . heck they didn't win the dakar rally 12 times in the car category for nothing.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:56 pm

Hey Uncle Ray, you still got the FIAT (Found In A Tip) for sale   lol!

It's Friday, look out replacing side panels inside-- 1472621687

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:26 pm

Forgot to ask, will you also be putting a mirror on the ceiling, Mary will like it   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by prospectingwa Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm

I gotta agree horses for courses. I use a landrover discovery 2 gets me there and back in comfort. 200 k and no major dramas.i also use a Mitsubishi fuso truck and have found it to be easy to work on and very reliable.i think the key is to know your vehicle, and regular servicing. google is your friend Very Happy
prospectingwa
prospectingwa

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:33 pm

prospectingwa wrote: i think the key is to  know your vehicle,  and regular servicing. google is your friend Very Happy

right on Glenn, no truer words said.

whgirt

with those gauges ray instead of having two volt gauges for each battery you can wire both to one gauge by running the senders or hot wire to a on/on switch and taking the center pole to the one volt gauge, i did the same with my engine/auto oil temp. flip the switch to read one or the other. then you can put a exhaust temp or whatever in the spare spot. cannot see why it wont work for volts too. Very Happy

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum