Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water storage tank inside of troopy

4 posters

Go down

water storage tank inside of troopy Empty water storage tank inside of troopy

Post by Guest Mon 04 Aug 2014, 5:55 pm

I am looking for a poly tank to mount inside my troopy behind the back seat or along one side then, is there anywhere u can buy the side fillers from --just like the diesel hole they put in the side of the panel of yah vehicle for long range tanks with a cap on it.

I don't mind cutting out the side panel of the vehicle and setting it up for ease of use.

either a tank inside or a tank on the roof rack but only do this if all else fails.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

water storage tank inside of troopy Empty Re: water storage tank inside of troopy

Post by martinjsto Mon 04 Aug 2014, 8:37 pm

a mate of mine just purchased one for his troopy, a bladder that fits behind the seat so takes no space, i will ask him tomorrow. not sure on the filler but i got a replacement for my caravan water tank from ebay,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lockable-Water-Filler-left-Hand-Hinge-White-Caravan-Camper-RV-Van-Tank-fill-/281379349553?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4183842431&_uhb=1
wouldnt be hard to fit into the panel and it has a locking cap.
cheers
martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

water storage tank inside of troopy Empty Re: water storage tank inside of troopy

Post by Ian226 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm

Hi Oneday

Got 2 from Statewide Bearings when I was building my camper trailer. They come complete with lockable cap and there is a branch in Karratha.

Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Mon 04 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm

Try UES, Universal Engineering Supplies for anything in Body Building supplies. They have all your hinges, latches and all sorts of odd and ends. You'll find they have an online store and you'll buy at trade.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Aug 2014, 3:19 am

oneday wrote:I am looking for a poly tank to mount inside my troopy behind the back seat or along one side then, is there anywhere u can buy the side fillers from --just like the diesel hole they put in the side of the panel of yah vehicle for long range tanks with a cap on it.

I don't mind cutting out the side panel of the vehicle and setting it up for ease of use.

either a tank inside or a tank on the roof rack but only do this if all else fails.

regards
oneday

I put one under the back of my troopy, fits between the back fuel tank and bumper, I used a black 55ltr caravan tank and made up a bracket mount with bash plate, whale submersible water pump to run the water up inside to the sink, it hangs a bit low so hence the bash plate as it can scrape a little in deep creek crossings, you can actually buy them to suit, made from ally or stainless but are about $1500 or so, but only about 45 ltrs.

They are commonly used on the "hire" pop-top campers so if you can find someone who is wrecking one you might be able to source a tank at a more reasonable price.

I also fitted another on the front of the roof rack, 55ltr one, has a hose coming down one side to a tap for hand washing, and another coming down the other side to a gravity fed shower, great for a bush shower in summer , also can run a short hose from it to top up the water in the bottom tank if it runs a bit low.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 05 Aug 2014, 8:02 am

maybe one of these will do the job.

http://aussiervproducts.com.au/4wd-a-rv-water-tanks
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 7:02 pm

finally saved some more money and brought myself a 65L poly tank for $175.00 minus the 12v pump which I will buy --something that puts out about 5L per minute should suffice then work out how to plum it all up and secure it to the inside of the troopy.

with the polly tank installed I can get rid of the 3 x 20L plastic jerry cans out of the back which I usually carry around and this will give me more room to play with.

If anyone is chasing a tank let me know as there is one left but it has the pump attached.

1200L x 200W x 450mmH--grey in color. Fittings on the end. with the filler cap at the same end as the fittings.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Sep 2014, 5:58 am

65l poly tank in position--just got to fasten it and buy some tap and hose fittings--BEST VIEWED AT 100%
water storage tank inside of troopy 025

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down