Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd

+7
Hopperite
Bignuggs
Young Simmo
Detectist
shorty
BIG GEM
carms
11 posters

Go down

To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd Empty To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd

Post by carms Thu 12 Jan 2017, 2:20 pm

Dear Asshole (I dearly hope you or a friend of yours is a member),
I was broken down on Coolgardie North Rd today (12/1/17) in a white triton club cab, wheel off, on the side of the road between Kintore & Kunanalling, being stuck there for a number of hours in the heat hoping someone may pass by and maybe able to assist me. Over the years I have stopped for other drivers numerous times , basically if your broken down out in the scrub and I drive past ill always stop and see if there is anything I can do, even if its just to make a call to someone when I get into town or offer some water if they are low etc What I believe is the good and only thing you can and should do when out in the scrub, its what a decent human being would do!.
As I waited there dismantling my air pump in hope I can get it working again and staring at my hand air pump that after numerous attempts and almost giving myself a heart attack trying to pump this thing up and down whilst also trying to keep a seal on the nozzle ( it was leaking more air than I was able to pump ) I had basically given up hope of trying to inflate that last tyre I was able to patch that would hold air, after 4 punctures and the two spares I carry being unable to be patched or plugged I was in a hopeless situation.
Then after a number of hours to my surprise I see a dark blue 4x4 coming my way! thank god at least ill be able to get a message home that im ok at the very least and hopefully they may have an air pump I thought.
As the 4x4 came to a stop(a pajero/ patrol or thereabouts WA plate ) and I saw the three gentleman inside that were obviously other prospectors/miners I said hello and asked politely if they had an air pump or could get a message home for me that I wont make my check in call, the driver looked at me , smirked, than drove off, didn't say a word or even say hello back to me! didn't even enquire if I needed any water when we are in the middle of summer!
Now I must say I have been out bush for a few weeks, was dirty and sweaty from trying to fix the car but with 3 blokes in his car you would think one of them would have had the decency to offer some assistance or if they couldn't they could have at least said sorry mate cant help, why bother stopping if your just going to smirk and drive away! , I may not remember the license plate but I damn well remember a face and this bloke better hope I don't see him in town one day. I have a feeling I know where they are camped and who this guy is and I can only hope one day your broken down with numerous flat tyres , water low,so I can drive past smirk and continue on my way.
Don't get my wrong im the first to call a person a dickhead if they go bush without being prepared, but with two spares, a patching and plugging kit, battery air pump and manual air pump I thought I had my bases covered and when I had the punctures I was making my way back into Kalgoorlie for repairs, sometimes accidents and incidents happen, to just drive on your merry way assuming im just some dickhead and I deserve to be left there is astounding, you sir are an asshole, in actual fact im a disabled vet , trying to fix my tyres and the subsequent driving on the rim back to Coolgardie caused an inflammation of my injury to the point where ill spend the next few weeks in immense pain, if you would have at least offered to notify someone when you got into town I would not have been forced to continue my journey.
Yes its not your problem I was out there and there is no rule of the road you have to help someone but why the hell bloody stop just to laugh at me then drive away, you sir are an asshole. I hope that karma bites you in the ass and you find no gold!

Sincerely
The person that's going to chain the hell out of your pending ground if I find out your the same guys that I saw out bush :)

Last edited by carms on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd Empty Re: To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd

Post by BIG GEM Thu 12 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

So sorry to hear of your situation. They are certainly not decent human being. First rule of the bush is to offer to help a fellow traveller.

Will keep a note of the licence no. Take care and we hope it all came good for you. Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd Empty Re: To the asshole on Coolgardie North Rd

Post by shorty Thu 12 Jan 2017, 7:01 pm

WOW I didn't think people could stoop that low.
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:29 am

Honestly what's worse is I think they did this because the car I was driving has NSW plates , the car may be from the eastern states but I have lived in the goldfields for years and prospect full time through summer , that's the only thing I can think of as why someone would just leave another person on the side of the road 'just thought stuff the tourist he should t be out here?' I don't know I'm still stunned and very p*ssed off , but going back out to the pending ground this morning and snagging a 37 grammar has made the anger subside slightly Wink
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Detectist Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:50 pm

That is terrible. I'm glad you are ok overall.

I hope the other blokes in the car end whatever friendship they have with the driver. To leave someone out in the bush in those circumstances is unbelievably bad.

Detectist

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:26 pm

yeah 3 guys and not one with any sense of decency, when I think about it I get really bloody angry , more so because I stop for every bloody person I come across that's on the side of the road and the first time im needig some assistance I get laughed at , bloody ridiculous , got quite a few nice nuggets from the pending leases around d ***** mile and north of there so its starting to make up for it *yes that is me giving an area awaywell I did , if your in the area and want the spot just send me a message and I will give you the co ords, ive basically finished with the area now but no doubt there is more to find*

Last edited by carms on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Detectist Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm

Not too many people have read this post yet - still time to remove it. Mind, my wife and I are coming over in May.

Seriously though - on some of those less well travelled roads we stop to ask if people on the side of the road need help. We've handed over spare fuel or they've said they are fine (to change a wheel) etc. We even slow down for the grader drivers so they don't get covered in dirt and stone. I must admit though, once we were quite suspicious and kept going without stopping but it was a "busy" road. Odd behaviour by the driver.

Detectist

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Sat 14 Jan 2017, 2:51 pm

Hey carms, turn your specie in your avatar clockwise from midnight to 3am, and it is a great pic of Australia.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Sat 14 Jan 2017, 3:04 pm

yeah I can understand not stopping out of fear for your safety my aunty and uncle were killed when they stopped for a person laying on the road in outback nsw , they stopped obviously thinking they were hurt and out jumped there partner and murdered both of them who knows why, was many years ago now, but saying that I had a wheel off the car , obviously was detecting and there were three of them all males I believeat least two were and all were a few years older than me and could easily take the guy with a broken back lol , I did think of that but there was no way these guys were fearfull of me
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Sat 14 Jan 2017, 3:09 pm

ha yeah it just needs a Tassie lol
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 14 Jan 2017, 4:22 pm

It's really a sign of the times which is disappointing when ya think of it. People are scared of stopping and you can't blame them but, in this case it seems rather callous to leave someone stranded.
I never stop at night and it's part of the reason I got myself a big dog.
In answer to another comment, I don't see the need to delete this thread. A-holes out there need to be outed.
Carms can go back in and remove the vehicle plate number.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopperite Sat 14 Jan 2017, 4:31 pm

"In answer to another comment, I don't see the need to delete this thread. A-holes out there need to be outed.
Carms can go back in and remove the vehicle plate number."

I think he is referring to the fact that he has given his area away.

Regards

Hopperite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 14 Jan 2017, 6:15 pm

I stand corrected if that is the case. Either way, the plate number should be deleted.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 15 Jan 2017, 8:14 am

Carms,

How many Chinamen have you run over in your lifetime? Jesssuzz Steve, I don't know anyone that has the bad luck that you do - except for finding gold, which you are very good at. Why didn't you call me? I woulda drove to Kal if you were in that much trouble!! Mind you - you'd need a phone that worked occasionally Rolling Eyes

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Sun 15 Jan 2017, 8:40 am

Hi carms, you certainly got the cold shoulder treatment there. Your description of them is pretty spot on and I reckon Karma will catch up with them.

By way of contrast, last winter we were up that way stopped on a track just above Jaudie Hills, map in hand looking for a way into pending ground further to the East.
Heard a vehicle coming along a track, spotted us, and came over. Fellow naturally asked what we were looking for and his reply that its not easy to get into but follow him back to his camp and we could have a yarn about the best ways in.

Now invites like that can be pretty much an unknown quantity and sort of requires a spot of rapid thinking. I always reckon I am a fair judge of character, the bloke introduced himself and wife by their names so away we followed.

We have seen plenty of miners camps and realistically most are pretty how you goin. But this one totally different. Neat as a pin, fenced in vege garden, the works. Next thing cups of tea and home cooked fruit cake followed by maps and the best info as to how we might reach our planned destination.

A most enjoyable excursion, and if you happen to be reading this Charlie and Mae, thanks again.
Mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Detectist Sun 15 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm

Bignuggs wrote:I stand corrected if that is the case. Either way, the plate number should be deleted.

I did only intend the comment (about removal) to be about the gold location and not the thread. I think Carms post is quite important.

Detectist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 15 Jan 2017, 2:20 pm

Detectist wrote:
Bignuggs wrote:I stand corrected if that is the case. Either way, the plate number should be deleted.

I did only intend the comment (about removal) to be about the gold location and not the thread.  I think Carms post is quite important.

That's fine and not a problem.  I agree the post is important but, it is best to never reveal phone numbers in the open forum and I stand by my request to not mention vehicle number plates.
A description of the vehicle and driver should be sufficient.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Sun 15 Jan 2017, 8:13 pm

gday wedgy mate,
I wouldn't bother you for something like that, to be honest I felt like a goose as it was hoping someone would stop and I could ask for help , worse came to worse I knew I could walk back in too Coolgardie and I have my PLB if its ever really dire ..... you know if im calling you saying im in the shite and need help then im really in the shite and my next step is pushing that little button and waiting for the troops to arrive. next purchase is a sat phone so wont have those problems anymore, also needed for the places im travelling, next up is "around" Wiluna although I wont be going into the town itself.....had a good run so far, a few gold less days but otherwise scrapping bits and pieces here and there with the occasional better bit, scored a nice oz piece and a nearly 3 oz piece off pending ground so cant complain especially as its summer and its bloody miserable out here although it def can get worse the temps havnt been too bad but the usual dirt, sweat, flies...flies...flies....the fun of the bush Wink
if you ever get the bug again mate and just want to go for a little swing or just to sit out bush I would be more than happy to dash down pick you up...... I know right now you would say stick it up your ass but maybe down the track ....who knows
anywho stay safe, after Wiluna I was thinking about playing around on the salt lakes ..somewhere a 7k cant go yet so somewhere im still on a level playing field :)
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Mon 16 Jan 2017, 8:45 am

Almost forgot , found an tektite the size of a golf ball , never seen anything like it , are they common that size ?, it's a type 1 indicator core with very sharp details as it was found have buried on a hill (still has some calcrete on it)
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o Mon 30 Jan 2017, 6:25 pm

That's a shocking story, I'd have tried photograph the vehicle and posted this story and that numberplate ( yes number plate, don't leave me on the side of the road!!!) everywhere I could. Just last year I was bogged in a salt lake and two vehicles rocked up on top of a hill, both 4wd and could have easily pulled me out, I waved and they just looked. I kept jacking and packing figuring they'd come down soon, two hours later they just left. I ended up having a mate do a 1200km round trip to winch me out. I was hoping to find them once I got out but no cigar. There's some real w@nkers around these days. I have never left anyway stranded anywhere, especially not out scrub in summer!!!
shane-o
shane-o

Back to top Go down

Post by bazxa Sun 12 Feb 2017, 6:45 am

That's appalling. There is no excuse.
Good that you're OK.

bazxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down