Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

going crazy

4 posters

Go down

going crazy Empty going crazy

Post by purple-dragon Thu 30 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm

Was out in the never nevers the other week in a dry creek and got signal on the 2300 -picked up a handful passed it over the coil and it was in my hand -but it wasnt-checked the ground signal again and it was back in the sand -another handfull another signal in my hand -but it wasnt -anyway this went on for a few minutes and I was starting to doubt my sanity until finally I worked it out -signal in the sand a tiny sliver of wire in the side of the hole -signal in my hand a blue band-aid out of my first aid kit-I was so amazed that i got another one out of the kit on my bike and laid it down unopened on the ground and the 2300 picked it up first sweep -the things that go beep!!-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

going crazy Empty Re: going crazy

Post by Bignuggs Thu 30 Jul 2015, 5:31 pm

Bandaids !!! Geezuz, I'll have to try that with the 7000. Bugger me, what next Razz
It's hard enuff now without them interferring.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 Thu 30 Jul 2015, 9:53 pm

Moral to the story...... don't cut yourself.......
A lot of bandaids and bandages have zinc in them, some people are allergic to them..... and that will be what the detectors are picking up...... yes it would be annoying and frustrating...
Find ones without zinc in them and try that out, but handy to know that bandaids sound off the detector.
Good tip.... check it out before going out, I never though of it before, but then I use a 4500, in may not be sensitive enough to pick up the zinc
goldseeker58
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:43 am

After a couple of weeks detecting and recovering targets, my hands used to end up looking like chooks’ claws. For about the last three years, I have been using a plastic scoop and now I wouldn’t go away without one. The scoop makes it dead easy to isolate the target and you will do plenty of that with the 2300!

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 Fri 31 Jul 2015, 5:27 pm

Pebbles wrote:After a couple of weeks detecting and recovering targets, my hands used to end up looking like chooks’ claws. For about the last three years, I have been using a plastic scoop and now I wouldn’t go away without one. The scoop makes it dead easy to isolate the target and you will do plenty of that with the 2300!

Col
I agree with you Col, my last trip I left the scoop in the car, hit a target, and while trying to sift through the dirt in my hand, I felt something fall through my fingers, trying to pick it up again took some doing, I almost was about to give up, then finally had it back in my hand, careful not to drop it again I went through the dirt again, to find a .46 nugget, scoop certainly makes things easier, I made sure that it took it with me every time after that.

Goldseeker
goldseeker58
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down