Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I want to see in this 7000

+5
Bignuggs
martinjsto
Tkinggold
pilbara snapper
Wedgetail
9 posters

Go down

What I want to see in this 7000 Empty What I want to see in this 7000

Post by Wedgetail Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:04 pm

Over and above the blindingly obvious, there are features stated on this 7000 that need a bit more detail.

First, the GPS feature could save me buying a new GPS as my current one is worn out, the buttons are all worn through. But does the 7000 GPS have USB connectivity so that I can download to my mapping system all the relevant waypoints. What format is the GPS software? Is it compatible with Ozi-Explorer, GeoView or is that stupid HEMA system that seems only to be able to "talk" another HEMA system?

Second, how are waypoints stored in the GPS. Can they be filed in folders or are they all filed in "one big lump" in one huge folder of 1000 waypoints - like that old thing that the wife uses!! Drives me mad at the end of the season trying to sort 'em all out! "Darling, dearest,,,,,,,,,,,WTF did 'angnut31' mean back in April,,,,,,,,,,,it's now November!!!??

Third, I keep hearing about how quiet this 7000 is gonna be. I keep hearing about this thing called "EMI" and how the 7000 isn't affected by it. But what does it really mean. Does it mean it runs dead quiet in HOT ground such as BIF or high iron laterite? Or does it mean it can't hear lightning strikes, microwaves, phone transmission towers, Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar, 240 volt AC power,  and all the other crap that we put up with. Or does it just mean I can work under power lines with it? The last one, the power lines is no bloody use to me. Maybe useful in Victoria,,,,,,,,but Duketon? Nah.

How many years will it be before I have to buy a new Li Battery at 450 bucks a pop, ala GPX 4500/5000?

How long will that "fancy pants" screen last in the sun over 6 months a year, daily use?

Ditto,,,,,,,,when the screen is exposed to sand, grit, rain, mud,,,,,,,,,will I still be able to read it next year or will it have to go back to ML for a new one?

Can I even see that screen when the sun is shining on it? Or is it like my Tom Tom sat nav that I can't bloody see when I'm driving and the sun's shining on it? Does it come with "screen shade"?

Lastly, does it do a good LavaZZa skinny latte?

We'll see eh?

Last edited by Wedgetail on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

What I want to see in this 7000 Empty Re: What I want to see in this 7000

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:05 pm

should have gone to spec savers.. lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:08 pm

See? Ask serious questions on this forum and all ya get is abuse 'n ridicule! Razz

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:42 pm

All good questions Les, most of those things will be sorted when the new GPZ 8000 comes out in a few years.......sad but true !

Regards snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

Same gps software, battery and screen as the ctx3030 should be pretty easy to find all the answers for these questions Laughing
Not sure about the skinny latte, only city dwelling yuppies drinking that shite anyway drunken

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 08 Feb 2015, 1:06 pm

yep good questions les, also i am concerned that with any software that online security updates are required from time to time, now will your locations all be saved online somewhere as a security backup and then some geek can get access to them?

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 08 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

Here's something I was told years ago and if you think about it, it's true.
The more technology you put into a device, the more expensive it gets to repair it or it's cheaper to just buy a new one.
Ok, technology has advanced thru the years, and it's brilliant but take a look at what you see.
Every year, local councils have a waste day, look at what is thrown away. Products are not made to last now.
The more money a company can make from manufacturing a piece of equipment the better but, if their claims are not up to the mark, guess what.
Now I'm not suggesting ML are making a piece of crap but, If you are out in the scrub and the new detector sh#ts itself, where do you go from there.
Then ask yourself, How much warranty on the machine , I've paid $10K, it's broken down.
It will leave a bad taste in ya mouth and do you really think the company cares ?
JMO.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Sun 08 Feb 2015, 3:45 pm

That's another question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What warranty is on the 7000?

"All warranty ceases immediately the cardboard box is opened",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh too late, damn!!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Sun 08 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm

The screen will be one of the biggest issues if they don't get it right, on the CTX it's a pain in the backside in the sunshine like any LCD screen, lets hope they use a good quality screen with good resolution, if they put a CTX screen in such a higher priced detector i will be disappointed considering it looks like the operator will be using it to interpret information like on the CTX.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Sun 08 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm

And a contrast feature needs to be added, none on the CTX3030 and its a real pain
Don't know why not as the Etrac had contrast adjustment

madmax800
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Sun 08 Feb 2015, 7:02 pm

Wedgetail wrote:That's another question,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What warranty is on the 7000?

"All warranty ceases immediately the cardboard box is opened",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh too late, damn!!

Warranty for the 7000 is " 3 years on the control box & coil "
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm

It's not just small, Its the wrong manual! Embarassed
describes FBS 2 in the specs.?..1.5-100khz.???
So something is not right.
Sorry fella's

Last edited by Inhere on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm

Yep, definitely targeted toward a particular crowd, a lot of stuff in there i never bothered to use on my CTX, she must be a real goer in the performance stakes to be at the rumoured RRP.

this will be interesting.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down