Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and the price is $-----

+9
Bignuggs
Nosralt
hoolahoopa
martinjsto
Jonathan Porter
Wedgetail
toad
Ttrash
Banjo
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

and the price is $----- - Page 3 Empty and the price is $-----

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

the price has been released to dealers so when everything is cochier u all will be informed quick smart.

for those that want to trade in their 5k I would resist the temptation if u can..there are some ridiculous below cost prices being taken for what ever reason --I cant fathom.

The gold will still be out there so don't get too flusted. There r a lot of fossickers out there what want to upgrade and this will b a target market due to their financial restraint..

I think one major benefit from this new top of the range machine will be its simplicity from the info that has been circulated..

I'm sure JP will enlighten everyone on the gold he picked up and how deep etc etc.and yes we all expect a new video of his exploits out in the bush.

when I get them I will let those that want to take it for a test drive, of the weekend we are going out and everyone is welcome.
As I said prior in another post I have ear marked a couple of areas that I done well on and now have been flogged to death with the 45 and the 5k..

so be patient all will be revealed.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

and the price is $----- - Page 3 Empty Re: and the price is $-----

Post by Flouro Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:15 pm

Hi Inhere,

I don't think there is too many people who would like to see M/L or any other company to get "rolled" as you put it

But to bring in competitor and maybe we will get a detector for what its worth...not what they reckon they can slug out of us..all this crap is olde hat

You are obviously privy to info that we are not so would you like to enlighten us

You also say its a bit of a joke , you seem to be the only one saying that, would you like to elaborate on that as well while your at it

You wouldn't happen to be another one of those M/L (nutters)...fanatics by any chance

Many renowned people have a very different view than yours, so I am all ears

Regards Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 10 Feb 2015, 10:59 pm

I also dont know where you get the idea some of us want minelab to get rolled inhere.
scratch
i think most people just want the best machine for their money.
the "new" patent from white has been in the works for a few years and i believe it is based on half sign wave technology, sought of not a vlf but not a PI either and has discrimination ability at depth,  steve hershback did a post on this machine early last year,

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/118-half-sine-metal-detector-technology-hybrid-induction-balance-pulse-induction-metal-detector/

Hybrid Induction Balance/Pulse Induction Metal Detector

A new hybrid metal detector combines induction balance and pulse induction technologies. Target signals are generated from a transmitted wave that has both induction balance and pulse current inducing characteristics and uses pertinent sampling of the receive data. Combining the two data sources provides eddy current target identification while excluding ground permeability and remanence obscuration.
steve also wrote:
Looks like serious stuff brewing. Bruce Candy of Minelab makes mention of half sine technology in a patent application at http://patents.com/us-20130154649.html which makes me wonder about the new "Super Gold Detector" he is working on. But it is this most recent patent by White's that seems to put the finest point on it. Maybe the Holy Grail of detecting is soon to be a reality. The fact it is White's certainly gives me more hope than what we have seen in the past.

so maybe there is some merit to the white technology

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:05 am

Some time back on another forum I brought up the notion of a hybrid type detector, I have never heard of "half sign wave technology" but what I envisaged was a detector with the merits of both a pi machine and a vlf machine, as each type has its strong point, the pi machine being able to handle more highly mineralised ground than the vlf machine can, and the vlf machine having better discrimination capability than the pi machine.

I reasoned that I would prefer a machine with medium depth ability in all ground types but that has full depth discrimination capability for the obvious reason of there is still a lot of gold to be found in junky areas, and the reason that more gold is left behind in these places is simply because digging deep rubbish is hard work and even when you know gold is still there it does not take many holes before you tire of it and walk away.

If this new technology leads to the release of a machine with full depth discrimination technology it may also lead to the advent of as its been put the "holy grail" of detectors which would be a "gold only" detector cheers, I would not hesitate to pay $10,000 for one that could do that.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:31 am

Wedgetail wrote:I've used every machine ML ever sold over the last 30 odd years. I was the 3rd guy in WA to get the immortal, the wonderful, the amazing SD2000. We killed the pig, everywhere we went. We got spoiled and detecting has never been the same for me ever since those brilliant years. I've been disappointed ever since.

But what I have observed during these "Minelab Days" is that us, the proletariat out here, react the same way every time the "New Machine" rumour mill starts. It never changes. I've seen ML make a right bollocks of some of their new model releases. However, I think this one is going very well. Not much to complain about and not much devaluation of older models either. Neither did ML lead dealers up the garden path where they continued to allow the dealers to purchase what would be old stock when a new model was within days (and I mean a bloody weekend!) of being released!

There were many dealers that were on the verge of suing Minelab over those incidents. It was nasty.

Waiting, waiting, waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah Les, I would be p!ssed off If I had bought a 2100 a couple of days before the 2200 appeared, no doubt about it BUT when
you look at things without the emotion of disappointment......you seen the value in buying that 2100 and you did, no one else.
It's called business! affraid
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:58 am

Hi Inhere,

A builders trowel might only be worth $15-20 but they don't charge $11,500 for it just because they need one for them to earn a living

Look at the CTX 3030 it was only worth a few thousand dollars, same everything(its only a detector and they are rumoured to want to charge $11,500

I hav e a feeling that M/L rushed this model out at the last minute to beet Whites at it and whack a big price on it so that when Whites bring theirs out a price war will begin and some people will again get ripped off

What other reason could M/l justify charging so much for a bloody detector with only $4-500 worth of components

Jeesus-who pushed my button

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:10 am

Hi Flouro/Martin, It is obvious that I am not an electronics engineer, so I am
just repeating information/advice that I have been given.

Steve Hershback Is one of the good guys and being a yank, would also like to
see a yank company go head to head with Minelab.

Lets face it, we would all like to see Minelab with competition, I haven't got
10+grand to play with to buy this one, when I can't get out often enough to do
it justice.

But, If I was in the position that I could spend 4 - 5 months a year full time, I
wouldn't be waiting for imagined competition, because I'm getting the impression
that this one may be capable of just about depleting a lot of those old patches, so
all you get in future is sunburn.

Anyway time will tell who is right!
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:27 am

Ray said,"Yeah Les, I would be p!ssed off If I had bought a 2100 a couple of days before the 2200 appeared, no doubt about it BUT when
you look at things without the emotion of disappointment......you seen the value in buying that 2100 and you did, no one else."

Ray,

It wasn't me that was p*ssed off about ML not saying a word. It was the ML dealers that weren't told until two days prior to release. They had no idea and were still buying their wholesale stock from ML when all of a sudden ne machine pops up. They had thousands of dollars worth of old stock "on the shelf" and they got stuck with it whilst trying to sell the new machine. Old Johnny Reed was ready to kill over that one.

I remember doing an APLA show at the Caravan and Camping Show in Perth years back and having a word with MLs publicity guy, Ian Aitken about the whole deal. He didn't like me much after that,,,,,,,,,,,,DILLIGAFF?

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:41 am

geez there must be two of me---i have a hard time controlling meself let alone the dark side..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:09 am

Flouro wrote:Hi Inhere,

A builders trowel might only be worth $15-20 but they don't charge $11,500 for it just because they need one for them to earn a living

Look at the CTX 3030 it was only worth a few thousand dollars, same everything(its only a detector and they are rumoured to want to charge $11,500

I hav e a feeling that M/L rushed this model out at the last minute to beet Whites at it and whack a big price on it so that when Whites bring theirs out a price war will begin and some people will again get ripped off

What other reason could M/l justify charging so much for a bloody detector with only $4-500 worth of components

Jeesus-who pushed my button

Ron

$65mil spent on research and development in the last 2 years is a hell of a lot of money to recoup. If you want the best you got to pay for it simple. They could spend $10mil on research and development and probably make the detector $3000, but then everyone would be complaining about why there was no new technology.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:50 pm

oneday wrote:geez there must be two of me---i have a hard time controlling meself let alone the dark side..

regards
oneday

Sorry Ray! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3