Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightweight battery

2 posters

Go down

Lightweight battery Empty Lightweight battery

Post by Since1981 Mon 26 Jan 2015, 5:17 pm

Hi Folks - has anyone had experience / recommendations for a lightweight alternative battery to the ML battery for GPX machines? Ones like the Docs GoldScreamer type, LT, Reeds etc. that can be attached to the control box. I'd like to get the weight off my back and be rid of the curly cord. Thanks.
Since1981
Since1981

Back to top Go down

Lightweight battery Empty Re: Lightweight battery

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 1:52 am

Since1981 wrote:Hi Folks - has anyone had experience / recommendations for a lightweight alternative battery to the ML battery for GPX machines? Ones like the Docs GoldScreamer type, LT, Reeds etc. that can be attached to the control box. I'd like to get the weight off my back and be rid of the curly cord. Thanks.

I bought one of the reeds wireless battery set ups, Velcro's to the side of the control box, and the receiving link goes on to your belt, works well, but if you have an issue with it don't hold your breathe waiting to get it back from repair.

The other one is sold online on EBay, it uses the Sony handycam li-ion batteries that mount to the side of the control box as well, but you still have to plug the headphones into it, or mount the speaker on the detector, some sets come with the speaker as well, will see if I can attach a link for you.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Battery-system-with-clip-speaker-and-LT-Booster-for-Minelab-GPX-4000-4500-5000-/251450873850?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item3a8ba3d7fa

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Since1981 Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:04 am

Thanks au-fever. I have looked at the Link Technologies system as an option but I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has used them over a period of time. Did you have problems with your Reeds one? I saw in another post that someone also had an issue with it not powering up the detector. I am also considering this Doc's Goldscreamer below, that seems to have some good reviews. I'm not convinced I need the booster on a 4500, but the battery system looks good. I'd love to hear from someone who has one of these.
http://www.goldscreamer.com/
Thanks again for your reply.
Since1981
Since1981

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:19 am

Gday 81
I've been using Ismael's "Little Ripper" for a couple of years now. It is great. It is a new battery and "bluetooth" type setup, whereby it transmits to a shoulder mounted receiver you can either plug phones or a speaker into so you are truly cordless from the detector.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Since1981 Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:28 am

Thanks, Brett. That would have been perfect - exactly what I am after, but I contacted Ismael and he no longer does these, sadly. Hence looking for the next best thing!
Since1981
Since1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:36 am

MATE NEXT BEST THING IS TO SET THE MRS OR GIRLFRIEND UP WITH ALL THE GEAR and sit back at camp till she comes back with the gold--if she doesnt find anything then give her a mouthfull of water and head her back out there.

sooner or later she has to come back with the goods..check her pockets..

happy hunting.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Since1981 Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:52 am

Ha - I want to protect my nuggets, not lose them.
Since1981
Since1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down